Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
ASC ECU Pinout Completed.... for Series 1

ASCECUPinout-Sample.jpg

Sample Picture, see attached PDF for complete document

Couple of notes to go with this, If you have a Series 1 VR4, the ASC and AYC ECU is a combined unit. (Currently working on AYC ECU for Manual VR4's)

Don't throw Reps to me, Hipsi needs recognition for his work of getting pictures of Harnesses and ECU, it's a bastard to get to, let alone get into a position to take the photo's, then on completion of this pinout, I sent him back under his Dash again to double check my wire colour coding.... so huge thanks to Hipsi for his patience and work gathering this component of the Pinout, and also Peter Thomson for letting me pick his brain during one of my brain farts, when some of this wasn't making sense.

This Pinout is to be used only with Auto Transmission VR4's equipped with ASC-AYC.

For AYC Equipped Manual Transmission VR4's, Please click HERE for correct pinout to suit your Vehicle

Attachments

• ASC ECU Pinout.pdf
    241.1 KB · Views: 83

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Awesome!
Question - how thin, long, and strong must your fingers be to unplug these??
All I get is ouchies.

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
This is brilliant - I am having problems with my ASC.

Just where is it located? I need to check mine.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Left hand footwell, left kick panel up high, around dash height!!!!

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
This is brilliant - I am having problems with my ASC.

Just where is it located? I need to check mine.

Remove glovebox, kickpanel, steel reinforcement bar across the bottom of the dash that the glovebox attaches to, and unbolt the harness cradle that runs across the top of the hole left by the glovebox. You should then be able to manipulate the harness out of the way so that you can get to the plugs and undo the bracket that the ECU is attached to. If you need to remove the ECU however, I'd say it'll require removal of the heater box/A.C. unit.

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
Could see the ECU. but...

Where is the screw that holds the wiring harness that runs over the top of the glovebox? It didn't really seem to be in the way anyway.

I couldn't get at the ecu well enough to see the plugs that holds it in. Where are they located?

I want to get at the ecu so I can check the voltages - too hard to do when it is in situ.. Thought if I can lower it down so it hangs a bit below the glove box line I could get a thin probe into the wires.

I got the 16 pin connector off fairly easily - and interestingly found a pin that should have been at ground floating. Didn't try to hard to get the other connectors off as I was running out of time and patience.

One other thing. I found the pinout diagram in the workshop manual. Do you have access to that?

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
There is one 10mm bolt at either end on the top side of of the plastic harness cradle. It's not that part that gets in the way though, it just frees up the whole harness so that you can move it aside where it is located in front of the ECU.

Once you are able to do this then you'll see the 1 bolt that fixes the ECU bracket to the body. remove that and then wiggle the ECU downwards, it will then come free but you won't be able to move it far. If you want to remove the plugs I suggest doing it while the bracket is still bolted down.

I don't have the workshop manual, does the pinout in there reflect what Kitty has done?

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
The workshop manual that was translated by the NZ mob

I presume the manual is copyrighted, so wont publish freely that page for fear of getting into trouble.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
It does???? Which Volume, Which section- Which page??????

Can anyone else see where this might be going??

G

Unregistered
I don't have anything about a pinout in my manuals from JPNZ so I'm very interested to see this as well and what else do you have that others don't?????

G

Unregistered
The workshop manual that was translated by the NZ mob

I presume the manual is copyrighted, so wont publish freely that page for fear of getting into trouble.

Do you have the info or are you just talking about the pic with the location of the ecu

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
No Peter,

Actual Pinouts are now in JPNZ Manuals, Page 118 contains the 26Pin Connector Pinout, so obviously JPNZ have now completed the manual rather than the crap they supplied everyone before claiming to be a manual.

Wahoo, I can sleep at night now rather than doing translations...... would have been nice to know earlier...lol

G

Unregistered
Yes found it in my one along with an ayc pinout in a different section.

Top Bottom