Premium Member
First Name
Nelson
Drive
1998 manual vr4 leggie (sold)
1999 auto legnum. Bigger turbos, built auto
1973 vj valiant sedan. Barra swapped
1990 galant vr4 RS
Having missed my legnum that I sold 10 years ago, I have finally bought another. This time auto and FL but packed with a few mods already done to it. When I had purchased it at the beginning of the year it had already been fitted with front brembos, bc coilovers, mamba turbos, walbro 255, evo 7 wheels, timing kit and new genuine front LCA'S. Since owning it I had upgraded to a gtr35 cop kit, fmic, hot side piping, replace the tb elbow with a silicone/aluminium pipe and a dual fuel rail setup with a turbosmart fpr. But unfortunately last month the bottom end went ( rod knock). And that was fine as I had a 6g74,box and tcase from an awd magna sitting around doing nothing. So out went the 6a113 and the process to get the 6g74 in started. Before this all happened I was already building a 6g75 Mivec for it on the side so there was no better time to get the 6G conversion sorted out then now.

20240429_180904.jpg
20240429_214139.jpg

mrleggie95

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Nelson
Drive
1990 galant vr4 RS
I will try to do my best and get a list of everything needed once the car is running under its own power. And as of tonight it runs and started up first kick. So the next step is to work out the mounting brackets for the front and rear roll stops, radiator hoses, exhaust piping for the single turbo off the stock headers, plumb the turbo up and get the p/s lines sorted. Once this is done I can drop it all to do a timing kit, replace some gaskets and build the auto.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Cool, when my motor blew I seriously considered putting a 6G75 in and eventually turboing it. Keen to see progress.

I assume you are running an auto? My understanding was the manual box will require an adaptor plate. There is a mob in Mexico(?) doing a limited production run now.

See:
Edit: To use above you would still need the front part of the bellhousng form an Evo 4-6...

Last edited:

mrleggie95

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Nelson
Drive
1990 galant vr4 RS
That would've been a cool swap and the 6g75 would've been easier since it had the spot already cast into the head for the cam sensor. Yeah mate I'm staying auto but it is also full built to cope with the extra power/torque. I thought about doing a manual swap but I daily this thing in sydney traffic, so I decided stay away from it haha

Top Bottom