1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
Hi guys.

Visiting from Melbourne atm

Going to the blue mountains tomorrow. We drove through that way from Dubbo. Passed mount Victoria and lawson and spring wood. So basically the South side of it all

Is it worth while going to maybe Bilpin? I hear it's pretty quiet there. Along the South side I didn't find any place worth stopping really.

Also. Are there any interesting roads around nsw? Preferably around the west side. Or the South for my return trip later

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
By interesting I mean a place to flog the legnum. :)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Hmmm, um yes, lots:
Bathurst to Oberon is good, Oberon back to lithgow also good, may as well head to the jenolan caves while youre at it

Overtone to goulburn is awesome

Megalong valley near blackheath is one of my favourite roads

The bells line of road used to be good but then they started patrolling it (that's the bilpin road). What most dont know is to go to Mt Wilson but it gets best when past Mt Wilson toward Mt Irvine (shhh)

There are some roads around sunny corner, best just to explore them (between Bathurst and lithgow)

Cliff drive in Katoomba would be an awesome tarmac stage, unfortunately it's full of tourists and people walking etc

Lithgow to Mt Victoria via the darling causeway isn't bad I guess

Putty road is good (more north) just don't go on a weekend, then once you get to bulga, head toward broke, then wollembi, then parts ridge, then old Pacific highway back to Sydney

That should get you started :)

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Bilpin is nice if you have an over enthusiastic obsession with Apples.
thats about it.

it is a niceish drive, more of a scenic drive now though like Steve said.

If you head there its worth checking out the apple orchard who actually brew their own apple cider.
i can never remember the brand/place though but I'm told the Cider is amazing(I don't drink cider so I'm going on the word of others)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Bells Line Of Road (the north way) is only single lane 99% of the time. Guaranteed to get stuck behind an old couple cruising 30km below the limit.

Keep an eye out for the police. They may look like nice roads to flog it, but the coppers know this too. They are regulars along those parts.

Top Bottom