Where to get rims powder coated in Auckland?

G

Unregistered
Hey i just scored sum 16" bbs rims from trademe last night for $90 w/tyres on... awesome price ;-)
I was just wondering if any of the kiwi guys in here knew of a good powder coater that does a great job but at a good price..

These are the rims

Attachments

• P1100031.JPG
    P1100031.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 32
  • P1100032.JPG
    P1100032.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 29
G

Unregistered
nice pickup!

it cost me $40/rim to have my 17's powder coated, so i wouldn't pay anymore than that.

G

Unregistered
saw them on TM, but they wont fit over my brembos so gave them a miss even thou they went bloody cheap!

HPC http://www.hpcoatings.co.nz/ or Pro Coat http://www.procoat.co.nz/,
dont skint on it or it will just peal/flake, do it once, do it right.

just so you are aware, when items are have been coated,
they are baked in a oven at a high temperature, to harden the coating

this will soften the metal, making it easier to bend/buckle,

personally i wouldnt recommend powder coating mags,

i would have them painted.

G

Unregistered
True i didnt know that about the powder coating perhaps i will just have to get them painted cheers for that..
Yeah i was pretty happy getting them so cheap even if i dont use them i will easily make a profit off them.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I am with Carsten on this, we only ever get rims painted. Most mobile guys these days do a good job for a good price. I reckon we pay about $35AU per rim, I think that works out about $17,000NZ :cool:

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
At attention after being chastised by Steve, lol J/K. Thought my smartass remark about the NZ$ might have got it moved, wasn't really helpful

G

Unregistered
Sweet as on the move i was a little lost a couldnt find it but no worries

G

Unregistered
Im just testing to see if i did the signature right

G

Unregistered
Do you mean the one that is on there now or the one i had on before.. there was a bit to much shadow.. im getting all the front bumper and grill repainted on tuesday next week i scored a tow hook cover so will get it all painted at the same time..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I dunno, you've changed it a bit in the last few hours. The current one looks good though.

G

Unregistered
Yeah i kept thinking "i can do it better than that" its only using paint to.. i dont have photoshop.. cheers by the way

Top Bottom