1975 Galant Coupe

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Got some updated pics of mine, I was sure I started a thread on here of my build up but can't find it now :eek:(

This is the poor thing last week
IMG_0011.jpg

The main body work done
Coupe757.jpg

Coupe756.jpg

The front gaurd indicators getting filled
Coupe753.jpg

Coupe752.jpg

My Japanese Galant mirror holes sorted
Coupe7513.jpg

Coupe7511.jpg

Coupe7510.jpg

The 15's I scored. Rears will be widened to 8.5" and fronts to 7". To fix offsets this will give dishy dish as the rears will come out 3" and the fronts1.5". The rims are currently 15x6 4x114.3, anyone know what they are from?? I found them on a TM Magna in a wreckers.
Coupe151.jpg

Sorry guys I didn't expect it to be so big. Could an admin move it to its own thread for me, or move it to the one I started before if they can find it?
Cheers
Jason

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
This is what I want as an end result with some very special stripes that I have custom ordered and it will be running some limited 1968 Pontiac GTO decals. I know it's not Mitsu but as close as I can get, lol

colt-71-galant-gto-2.jpg

I have the mirrors but not sure if I want the bonnet scoops or not yet or even if I can find anything similar

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
How much fat dish will I get on these rears adding 2.5 inches to the dishy dish :eek:)

Coupe757.jpg

I think I might get this wide with no flares??

dishydish.jpg

Got the inner gaurds, boot, door jams and engine bay painted today. I will try and get some pics tomorrow, prob is I picked "Super White" and it is mad white and so hard to look at let alone take pics of.
Kris/ IC I line up now for next AJD I am that confident I will be finished with in a year, lol

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Me too, lol
Ordered my red wheel nuts today, got my 15" chrome wheel trims (even got steel ones, most are shitty plastic these days) Got to make up some mounting brackets to fit the centres to the new wheels.
Also ordered my red carpet :eek:)
Hopefully I will get it home next weekend and then I can get stuck into the mechanicals
My end goal is to be able to drive it over Christmas. Fingers crossed

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Took a few pics today, starting to look like there may be an end, lol

Shiney boot floor
Paint1231.jpg

Shiney engine bay
Paint1232.jpg

Battery tray removed. Anyone who has seen one of these will know they are a massive tray. I am very happy with how smooth the engine bay has turned out.
Paint1233.jpg

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Rims might be a few weeks away yet. I want to get the engine in and suspension sorted to get the rims perfect.
I have done heaps of measuring however, so will most likely get impatient and just get them made from my paperwork, lol

Cheers Michael, I am really happy with it so far. Can't wait to get the stripes on :eek:)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Shell painted, got to sand, add stripes and clear coat it

Paint24.jpg

Paint23.jpg

Stripe fit up. Decided to put the GTO decals here
Paint22.jpg

Final placement of the stripes will be after final colour sand
Paint21.jpg

I am pretty excited now :bigsmile::bigsmile:

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Going 2.6 Series II Astron. Running quad throttle body EFi, fat cam and low head, lol
I would love to make 185-195hp at the wheels, fingers crossed.
These things run about 1000kg stock, hopefully mine will be about 850kg so power should be fun. :O)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
How do you think the gearbox/diff/tailshaft will hold up to 200HP though? Would've thought the box and diff would be rather weak points...

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
The gearbox will be fine, I have a Jap Spec 5spd. As for the diff, to be honest I am unsure, lol.
I am thinking of a shortened diff from an XE/F Falcon wagon.
Wagon as they still used leaf springs not Watts Link, they have disc brakes and have an LSD option.
Also they are bloody cheap, lol

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
This will be cool when it finished.....

Keep up the good work man :)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Triton or Hilux diff maybe?I know a lot of AE86 guys who have done engine conversions use Hilux diffs, would handle the power no worries I'd imagine.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Jason - seeing as your pretty knowledgeable here - how hard is it to come accross an astron II 2.6 and Jap 5sp? Have you got any good hookups for old school parts?

Also, what would be required for about 140-150 rwhp from said combo? Would twin 40/45mm webbers and extractors do it without need for headwork? i.e. how well does the 2.6 head flow?

(looking for how viable the rebuild of my old sedan is still!! LOL)

Top Bottom