1975 Galant Coupe

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I've always loved peeking at this project. Nicely done details too :)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Cheers guys, I am really enjoying the project. Should really get moving after XMAS.
So I did some messing around this weekend.
Fitted the GTO badge I got from NZ and put my JDM stickers on, lol
Love the Kitty, and had to have a JAF sticker, and as I am on my P's I needed a Jap P plate sticker
A53C GTO Badge
Stickers1.jpg

Punched Kitty
Stickers3.jpg

JAF
Stickers.jpg

Japanese "P" plate
Stickers2.jpg

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i thought that was a seniors sticker (like pensioner)??

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
May well be, lol I thought the green one was learners and this one was like our P plates??

mickelmaster

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Michael
Drive
91 Madaz MX-5
You could always just not have a sticker, knowing that in 1975 they probably didnt exist :)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Sticker removed, lol. Cheers guys

Pulled the front end apart today. I will be taking bits and pieces to work to sand blast and paint up all nice and pretty, lol
I have been putting this off to keep it a rolla but the time has come, I will have my coil overs by the end of the month and don't want to be putting them in a dirty old front end.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Quick pic of the brilliant badge I scored from snitz

IMG_0003.jpg

I am thinking of a set of these tail light, but they are damn expensive, but well cool and NOS Jap spec for my car, lol

nostaillights.jpg

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Jason,
Whats the go with the side striping? Have you removed it to be re-done yet?
You mentioned the V6 conversion - who's going to fabricate engine mounts etc? I'm guessing thats a pretty big job.....

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yeah I'm not a really big fan of the GTO tail lights, especially for the money.

G

Unregistered
I had a mate that had a 75 galant coupe.I had the 76 sedan GD galant ,used to run a starion turbo motor in it then i put that motor into a 1981 lancer hatch,quick cheap brake upgrade was GH sigma struts.they were a straight bolt up with bigger springs and discs.are you getting big bolt up astron II?

G

Unregistered
When you were talking about diffs before i used to run a diff out of a jancer hatch in my galant because the axles were bigger at the wheel bearings.mates used to run borg warner diffs but had problems with the diff pin breaking.sigma turbos ran borg warner diff,no different from sigma normal diff.scorpions were jap diffs and also could get a 10 bolt out of gh,gj scorpions.8 bolt were in early scorpions.some early triton about 1985 gave u a cable clutch jap gearbox which had same internals as starion gearboxs.i used that combo when i ran a starion turbo setup in my galant the later changed the head to a DASH 12valve head. turbo car did low 14,s for 8 years never blew a diff ever

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Okay, not much to answer there, lol
Lee,
Stripes have been removed, the clear coat was so thin they just pealed off, lol.
Hit a bit of a wall dollar wise atm so no move on the body work as yet.
Gave up on the V6 idea, way too much effing around. Going 4G63 most likely from a VR4, front cuts run around the $1500-$3000 mark.

Tim,
Your right about the money. I like the look and the new factor but I don't know if Shannon's will understand if I broke one, lol. "UM, yeah so your cars insured for $1500 and you want $800 for a broken tail light"

Trent,
I have some GH Sigma struts converted to coil overs due next week.
I had an Astron II but sold it on, now going 4G63T.
I will be chasing a 10 Bolt disc brake diff from a Scorpion most likely. If I get brave however I happened to measure up a GTiR Pulsar rear cradle last week and it is near perfect. A lot of work though. Need to do something with the rear end as I hate the thought of putting in all this work and having piss weak leaf springs. I will look at a IRS set up and Trailing arm coil spring set up like the Scorpion and decide later down the road.

I think thats it, lol

Pic of my converted struts.
GHStruts.jpg

Cheers
Jason

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Friend of a friend, $200 with tops to suit Galant. I am stoked, bargain

G

Unregistered
I'm assuming your going vr4 twincam turbo motor going in.if your useing that setup then your block will be small boltup.a little trick i found with small boltups is to get hold of a TN to TP magna flywheel and machine in a spigot bearing.that flywheel is same diameter as small bolt up rear wheel drive motor but can take 225mm clutch plates the ring gear is recessed.advantage is that you can get a good grip clutch without going excessive pedal pressure.small boltup rear wheel drive flywheels can only take 215mm clutches.dont use vr4 flywheel ,too small overall diameter and starter dosent reach by 10mm from memory. and with gh sigma struts i think it gives u heaps of negative camber from memory.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Yeah, the clutch/flywheel advise is good advise, cheers.
My strut tops will allow for enough adjustment to make up for the adjustment.
GC - GD kingpin inclination = 9.0 degrees
Scorpion, Sigma GH = 9 degrees 30 minutes

Top Bottom