sorry bout a million questions. i run 19's now on my calais and im used to
the bumpier ride quality.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
There have been a few people running 19x8's with 225/35/19 tyres, but if you're buying a Legnum you are buying a good handling 4wd car designed to go around corners. Stick with smaller wheels :)

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
cant remember who but someone does have 19's on their legnum,i reckon 19s would suit a legnum if theyre a nice wheel(not bling) and the car is lowered,but you get issues fitting them,like all cars i guess

the legnum has such big guards and make a lot of wheels look small,i have 17s on my civic and they look big but 17s on my legnum look really tiny,with a lot of left over guard to fill,even with bigger tyres,i hope this thread grows
because i realy want to know more about 19's,i think the main reason is because a lot of people on this site are more into saving weight and into a more suitable wheel rather than 19s that are more for look and less race

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
cant remember who but someone does have 19's on their legnum,i reckon 19s would suit a legnum if theyre a nice wheel(not bling) and the car is lowered,but you get issues fitting them,like all cars i guess

the legnum has such big guards and make a lot of wheels look small,i have 17s on my civic and they look big but 17s on my legnum look really tiny,with a lot of left over guard to fill,even with bigger tyres,i hope this thread grows
because i realy want to know more about 19's,i think the main reason is because a lot of people on this site are more into saving weight and into a more suitable wheel rather than 19s that are more for look and less race

im thinking black faced Simmons FR18's/19's. they can drill them to suit anything.
but wasnt sure if 19's would be too big.
no reason you couldnt roll around on 19's then switch back to 16's/17's for any work at the strip?
maybe its just the commodore thinking coming out in me?

EDIT: are these 19's on a legnum?

Attachments

• 68_l.jpg
    68_l.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 75

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
haha no im defintly with you,that was my plan,cruise around on some nicer looking wheels and have my 17s as spare for if i ever go to a track,could also make a nice book case in my bedroom out of my 17s,or tv stand...lol

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I think DarkVR4 has 19s. I'm not sure what size or offset but some searching might find you the answer. He's looking at getting smaller wheels to save weight and improve ride comfort I think.

PM him if you like to get his opinion.

cheers

Lee

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
I think DarkVR4 has 19s. I'm not sure what size or offset but some searching might find you the answer. He's looking at getting smaller wheels to save weight and improve ride comfort I think.

PM him if you like to get his opinion.

cheers

Lee

yep, there 19's all right.
they dont look that bad. but from what i see, 19's make a stock legnum
look even higher than a set of 17's.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
OMG 19's on a Legnum. The turning circle would be a bitch. A bit like turning a container ship.

G

Unregistered
I got 17" on mine and the car is also lowered. Does not look bad at all and the handling is great

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
OMG 19's on a Legnum. The turning circle would be a bitch. A bit like turning a container ship.

ive pm'd darkVR4 to see what his are like to ride on.
you might be right about the turning circle. never thought about that.

EDIT: it seems there a bit of choice with the simmons wheels such as size and width

Simmons FR Series:
Our most popular wheel, looks good on just about everything, from 1970's Rotaries to the Ferrari 430. Great on Commodore, Falcon and new Pontiac G8.
All colours & polished centres available.
Sizes
Width options (inches)
Fitment Options
17"
6" - 12" available
4 and 5 stud fitments
18"
6" - 12" available
4 and 5 stud fitments
19"
6" - 12" available
5 stud fitments​

http://www.simmonswheel.com.au/wheels/

Attachments

• FR1_lrg_2.jpg
    FR1_lrg_2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 16

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum

haha i hadnt even though about that,9 pointer into any park

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Like i mentioned on the Mitsu Club, stick with smaller wheels. 17"s.
18"s if you really have to.
19"s on our cars look like chariot wheels and make the car pretty high.

And exactly what brad said - our cars are designed to go around corners. So keep the handling in mind because they are supposed to be agile. Leave the 19"s to the grand tourers like GTO's and 300c's ;)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Moved from the General forum. Please try to post threads in relevant areas guys. It makes things difficult to find if you stick them in the wrong place... and admins may delete your thread without warning.

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
I think it looks good. I was even thinking getting 20s on my car. But i think it will look like a bus.

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
That's so ugly. Owner has no taste in wheels or size for that matter.

Ryan, see what i mean with 19"s how they look too big for the car?

yeah its definitely different to commodores where 19's are perfect for pre VT and 20's and good for VT-VZ and now with the new VE people are finding 22" sits nicely under the guards.

i would say 19's on a legnum look good at the front but not so good at the back. maybe 18's look a bit better as they wouldn't looks so 'squished' under there.

i guess another thing to take into account is the legnum/galant community is only a baby community in aus. and as it grows so will the acceptable style.
not too long ago i remember 17's were the style and 18's and 19's were said to be 'too big' for early model commodores. now 20's seem to be the standard. i guess in time rim sizes will go up for legnums and galants as people start to go up a size and it becomes common practice. kind of like an evolution of style within a car community. its happened for others so i can assume it might as well here.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
i agree strongly,thats one of the main reasons i got turned off 19s,because so many people are against them right now

and it seems younger people are more likely to get bigger wheels IMO,and most young people into cars just buy a skyline these days,most people on this forum are in mid twenties and upwards so are more into smarter modifying than just slapping big wheels underneath and leaving it at that

though i mite be wrong,someone will surely say if i am

Top Bottom