20 inch rims on a legnum

G

Unregistered
Yeah I have 18 x 8 and 18 x9 Stitch rims and they are the sex.. any bigger would look like rot

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
19s could work on a Chaser... 20s don't work on anything. Too big for a car, too small for a 4WD.

G

Unregistered
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..
nahh..
bit inpractical to go past 18's unless as many people have mentioned ur into risking damage and forking out for tyres...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I ran 19 inch Work Rezax on my Celsior and they were the perfect size. Looked fairly gangster at the time. Needed spacers for the front but I never got around to it.

celsiorresized2.jpg

For a looks-oriented JZX100 I think 19s would work if you ran decent width & offset. Then you could keep a set of 18s with semis on them for the track. :)

To prove my point:

2004130715561114226_rs.jpg

G

Unregistered
rims arw 20x8.5 not sure of off set tyres are 225s all around so theres basically no tread its made the handling/performance of car pretty bad so might put my 18s back on posting pics now.

G

Unregistered
anyone on here want em lol? brand new tyres all round and very minor rash on 2 of the rims?
my other wheels are 18 inch volk racing not too sure what type but they are 3 piece if anyone wants to swap either for same 18/19 inch black wheels let me know.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
If you post pics & specs of the Volks you'll probably get some interest on here.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Wow dude I really like it! Looks good I say!

Atleast they're not full bling haha..

I have 18's.. What wheels did you want to swap? I don't want 20's tho ahah

G

Unregistered
i dont know i really like the look of them just put them on for fun and ended up buying them.
my only other option is to through my 18s on for work/missus/etc.. and then through the 20s on in summer when i only use the car on weekends. will post in classifieds if i decide to sell either. also any other info on flaring guards or widening etc...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
You wouldn't need to flare the guards, just get the inner lips rolled in. That's if the stupid plastic flares allow you to do it... I dunno - Steve will be able to give more advice on that point.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
ok well ive found with guard work (for flares), theres 2 issues. first being the overall diameter of the rim+tyre and the height of the car. particular on the front flares. if height is the only issue, then a simple trim of the flares is all thats required. so when theres suspension travel, the rim tucks up into the guard, easy.

the other issue is width/offset. if the rims out too flush, then they will majorly scrub. and seeing theres metal brackets in the guards, you could quite easily pop a tyre. so u will have to follow the steps i posted earlier. with the flares coming off, everything trimmed properly, and the metal gaurds underneath rolled.

ie, this is mine atm with just a trim. the flares are comming off monday to be properly rolled and trimmed.

p2506090732.jpg

p2506090733.jpg

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
It doesn't look to bad with the 20's! Fine for cruising imo.

I'm so use to the 18's on mine they look small. Lol.

Volks are mean wheels man. Just get them power coated black if that's what you want.

G

Unregistered
i think powder coating the volks is a good idea dont know why i didnt think of that before. steve thanks for your help will definatly be looking into it.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
yeah my 18's feel tiny compared to the 18s i had on my lancer lol

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Are the facelift flares the only flared guards in automotive history that actually reduce clearance?

Top Bottom