200,000kms Party hehe...

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Well Dawso & I celebrated at the Marlborough Hotel in Newtown tonight in honour of cracking the 200,000kms milestone !!!

Image000-2.jpg

Well Dawso drank for me anyways hehe :ROFLMAO:

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Sorry I couldn't make it Brad (if only Legnums could seat 8 :D ) But I had 1 (actually more like 10) in your honour later!

G

Unregistered
How did it go with the heat any concerns with cooling?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
How did it go with the heat any concerns with cooling?

Nah mate all fluids were still holding strong afterwards. 7 hours driving in 40+C heat & yea all is still good !!

Grandpa is holding on strong. It goes in for a big service tomorrow at MEEK, then we'll see if there's any damage :cool:

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Well Dawso & I celebrated at the Marlborough Hotel in Newtown tonight in honour of cracking the 200,000kms milestone !!!

Image000-2.jpg

Well Dawso drank for me anyways hehe :ROFLMAO:

It was me! I was there!

Interesting place old Newtown lol.... Sexualities may be compromised :ROFLMAO:

Thanks SOOOOOOOO much for the lift back into town too mate, much appreciated :)

And the Legnuym still goes brilliantly for a car with that many k's..... Well done mate!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
You went to Newtown? LOL.. Random as, what was at Newtown that made you go there?

Newtown was where my beloved Liberty was attacked by a crazed woman in a Lancer pulling out from the right through traffic haha.. I don't drive through Newtown anymore!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
You went to Newtown? LOL.. Random as, what was at Newtown that made you go there?

Newtown was where my beloved Liberty was attacked by a crazed woman in a Lancer pulling out from the right through traffic haha.. I don't drive through Newtown anymore!

Dawso & his missus were staying the night nearby in Alexandria.

Hehe it was fun showing them the freakshow that is King St :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Got jammed coming up King St, so hightailed it through the narrow-as backstreets to get to where we needed to be !

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Hahaha Newtown is gimp city.

Brad, you still taking your car to Meek today? Don't forget to take a look at the Fujitsubo full exhaust hanging on the wall, aye :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Hahaha Newtown is gimp city.

Brad, you still taking your car to Meek today? Don't forget to take a look at the Fujitsubo full exhaust hanging on the wall, aye :)

Sorry bad news Dimi. Here's my post in another thread from earlier ;
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
None of the exhausts they had were for our cars.

There IS a Fujitsubo there, but it's for the earlier VR4s (E39 or something ?).

They had a few EVO 6 exhausts on the rack & Chris tried lining it up underneath my car when we hoisted it up but it didn't fit :( Our fuel tanks get in the way. There was an EVO 9 up on the other hoist & we were comparing them. The fuel tank in the EVOs tapers off which allows a straighter exhaust. Looks like ours needs that horrible bend at the back .. unless something can be done about the fuel tank ?

They had the Fujitsubo book & they looked up the systems we can get our hands on. Fujitsubo Legalis Super R was the top of the line, but all of them yea have that nasty hook like the originals...

So .... it close guys but no cigar.. I'll try & remember to take a pic when I pick the car up to show you all. The Fujitsubos though were shrouded in plastic wrap so I don't think they'll come out good in a pic.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Sorry just to sound dumb here ;

When you guys yesterday said that the Fujitsubo exhaust was 'turbo-back', just how far is that ?

I know the 'cat-back' exhausts run back to the catalytic converter, but do the 'turbo-back' exhausts include a cat in them ? I was too ashamed to ask at MEEK :( as I didn't know...

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Turbo back, wouldnt that include the dump pipe because they come off the turbo?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive

I really should attempt looking these up before I post & look like a dick :wanker:

From Wikipedia ;

Turbo-back

Turbo-back (or turbo back) is to the part of the exhaust system from the outlet of a turbocharger to the final vent to open air. Turbo-back systems are generally produced as aftermarket performance systems for cars with turbochargers. Some turbo-back (and header-back) systems replace stock catalytic converters with others having less flow restriction.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive

would they have 2 pipes into 1 as they're coming off 2 turbos ? none of the exhausts at MEEK had it.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Check with the UK guys for exactly how far back the Legalis goes. I think it is only a catback.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Check with the UK guys for exactly how far back the Legalis goes. I think it is only a catback.

I'll have a better look at their book at MEEK when I go pick up the car tomorrow. There were 3 Fujitsubo systems for the EC5W VR4 :

Legalis

Legalis R

Legalis Super R

From the quick look I had it didn't seem to include a cat in them but I'll double check tomorrow.

MEEK can get them in themselves but they said it was about a month's waiting time.

Top Bottom