200,000kms Service Coming !!!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Hi everyone !!

Been away for a long time busy with work & planning the finer points of my upcoming wedding..

Well the trusty white Legnum is now over 185,000kms. It's getting serviced on Monday, but I'm curious what I should be looking at getting done when the magic 200,000kms mark hits ???

It won't be that long away considering I rack up some monstrous kilometres in my job !

Can anyone lend a hand & advise what I should be getting done at the 200,00kms major service ?

Cheers guys !

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Do you know when the last time the cambelt was changed?

Basically you'll be doing everything! Have you seen the cambelt change thread?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Holy Crap. You've racked up those KMs fast! Didn't you get the car with like 60,000km on the clock last year?

I plan to hit 200,000km TEN years from now.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Brad there's a 100,000km service thread that I suggest you have a read through.

Generally, you should be replacing ALL your lubricants, fluids and filters of course, and take a close look at anything made of rubber such as hoses and seals, bearings and maybe pay some attention to the tubos to ensure the turbine axle isn't starting to slop around (from what I've read they should be fine, but it doesn't hurt to check).

Congrats on the milestone and the impending matrimony, too :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Brad there's a 100,000km service thread that I suggest you have a read through.

Generally, you should be replacing ALL your lubricants, fluids and filters of course, and take a close look at anything made of rubber such as hoses and seals, bearings and maybe pay some attention to the tubos to ensure the turbine axle isn't starting to slop around (from what I've read they should be fine, but it doesn't hurt to check).

Congrats on the milestone and the impending matrimony, too :)

How about the timing belt & water pump ?

Is it essentially the SAME as getting a 100,000kms service ? Is there anything EXTRA on top of what is normally done at the 100k mark ?

I'm going up to QLD next week & by the time I'm back it'll only be 3,500kms away from the big 200k !!!!

G

Unregistered
yep, exact same as a 100,000km service, timing belt, etc..

Top Bottom