2008 Nissan GT-R

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Apparently the new GTR is set for release early next year...

16b.jpg

Heaps more pics from the Goodwood feastival here -----> http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/7...2008-thread-photos-video-inside-goodwood.html

Will this car live up to the GTR name ???

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
*squeals in delight* Thanks for that hawks. Unfortunately, I'm all out of kidneys and lungs to sell. I don't think the local constabulary looks too kindly on harvesting orphans for body parts either.

maori_by_nature

Idling at the Lights
First Name
David
Drive
97 Legunm VR4

Edit by van: Attachment deleted. Can we not waste space with ridiculous images? Thanks.

G

Unregistered
*squeals in delight* Thanks for that hawks. Unfortunately, I'm all out of kidneys and lungs to sell. I don't think the local constabulary looks too kindly on harvesting orphans for body parts either.

LOL yeah i can't wait for the new finance deals from nissan, "Yours to own for just one easy payment of YOUR SOUL"

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Those are FANTASTIC looking rims! Are they a Nissan stock rim? Something that will only ship for the new GTR?

Overall, a fantastic looking car... And hopefully it will have the performance to match (unlike the 'Z', which was extremely disappointing IMO). Is it going to have the $140k pricetag of the R34 GTR when it was released, too?

G

Unregistered
Nissan is said to have purchased a couple of new Porsche 911 turbos (the ones with the variable geometry turbo systems, which is farken awesome) to do comparison and tuning test against at the Nurberg Ring.

Apparantly people are speculating that the new GTR is actually quicker.

The head of Nissan Australia announced that they are coming here, and they wont have porsche price tags either.

Unconfirmed but believed strongly by Skylines Australia;

Delivery in the 1st 1/4 2009.
2 Models, one $80,000+ORC and the other being $120,000+ORC
3.8 twin turbo, 7 speed DSG, AWD

You know, if you ditch any prospects of a house or kids - it's quite reasonable that you could afford one. I could get used to sleeping in a 2008 GTR boot - no really..

G

Unregistered
Ya I read of a guy who ordered one at another forum... according to him it's gonna be 100 cars initially delivered to Australia and after they r sold for anybody who wants one would have to wait in a waiting list... his price tag for the car is 150K+ and has already placed the order with NISSAN Australia... all the Aus-spec models will have the 7-speed DSG box.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Here she is ...

nissangtrofficial.jpg

nissangtrofficialrear.jpg

nissangtrofficialengine.jpg

The GT-R will be powered by a twin-turbo V6 with a 0-100km/h time of about 3.6 seconds and a top speed in excess of 300km/h. The V6 will deliver 352kW of power and 586Nm of torque.

Nice :D

The engine bay is a bit ordinary, but I like the blow off valves on each intake pipe :)

G

Unregistered
Nissan is said to have purchased a couple of new Porsche 911 turbos (the ones with the variable geometry turbo systems, which is farken awesome) to do comparison and tuning test against at the Nurberg Ring.

Apparantly people are speculating that the new GTR is actually quicker.

The head of Nissan Australia announced that they are coming here, and they wont have porsche price tags either.

Unconfirmed but believed strongly by Skylines Australia;

Delivery in the 1st 1/4 2009.
2 Models, one $80,000+ORC and the other being $120,000+ORC
3.8 twin turbo, 7 speed DSG, AWD

You know, if you ditch any prospects of a house or kids - it's quite reasonable that you could afford one. I could get used to sleeping in a 2008 GTR boot - no really..

Ya I read of a guy who ordered one at another forum... according to him it's gonna be 100 cars initially delivered to Australia and after they r sold for anybody who wants one would have to wait in a waiting list... his price tag for the car is 150K+ and has already placed the order with NISSAN Australia... all the Aus-spec models will have the 7-speed DSG box.

$150,000 will be about the final cost.. once you factor in luxury tax, etc..
theres one coming to perth too. ;)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Sweet you'll have to convince them to come along to a car meet once they get it - I'd love to check it out! :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I like it a lot, apart from two things.

1 the headlights are ugly

2 the kinked line down the rear window is kind of ugly. It should have been a curve or just one solid / down the rear

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Nissan has started the pre-launch activities in support of the all-new GT-R, the high performance sports car which is to be revealed at the Tokyo Motor Show on October 24th.
With sales due to start in Japan in December, Nissan is today also confirming the final name of the car. Previous generations of this car were known as the Skyline GT-R; the new name for this car is simply “Nissan GT-R” in all global markets.

Supporting substantial early customer interest in the Nissan GT-R, the company is today making available for customers in Japan some initial details including basic specifications, colors and practical information on placing pre-orders. Prices in Japan for the Nissan GT-R will start from around 7.8 million yen.
Thats about $80kAU, then taxes and Nissan Australia get there gready mits on it. My guess is $120kAU

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
mmmmm 350z'ness almost :D

Dont know why they are calling it the "Nissan GT-R", I think Skyline GT-R would still "fit"
I can see alot of V35 in the front bar and mid section. IMO

Jason

G

Unregistered
i think Nissan GT-R is a more fitting name than the Skyline GT-R.
technically with the R32 - R34 series, the GT-R was essentially a souped up version of the 'normal' skylines, which ranged from RB20E 4 doors, up to the RB25DET powered coupe's, and the GT-R being the flagship model of the series.

whereas this new GT-R is a league of its own, its the flagship CAR for nissan, not just the flagship of the series, its not a better version of anything, it is purely a GT-R, and thats all it is. it is in such a class of its own, that IT now has variants (bring on the 520hp GT-R decked out with CF, *drools*), rather than it being a variant.

</spiel>

Top Bottom