260kmh speedo

Haggiss

Crunching Gears
First Name
Corey Brazendale
Drive
Legnum VR-4 S2
Awesome! Looks like a fiddly job too!

Also, you have a pretty low km car!!! ;)

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
That looks great.

Of course, I've wondered why our speedos only go to 180 when the NA ones go to 260.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
That does look great. Too bad it would cost ~ $600 to do it. would be good to have a speedo more suited to our cars.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
interesting, might sus out wreckers for a 260 km/h dash. dont like my chances tho. how did u go about joining the 2 halfs back together. just glue? and in sunlight is it noticeable where u have made cuts?

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
99 Galant, black, Sunroof, manual, Recaros
awsome write-up, Just one qik ?.
it is a little off track, where are the Bulbs located that give the needles there glow?
i have seen a pic somewhere, where someone has blue needles so they must have changed the bulb.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Steve - You won't find one in Aus. You will only find a 260kmh dash in an NZ or Euro (Germany etc) V6 2.5 non turbo 8G

I have used black electrical tape behind the join and very little light comes though. You can only really notice the light at night, and in the day time with the sun shining directly onto it you can see the cut.

Robert - there is a CCFL that runs behind all of the guages which lights up the numbering. The needles are kind of self illuminated. I think the light comes from within them.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Yeah I don't understand with the dashes why they have 2 different varieties...the Aristo has 2 as well a 200km one and a 320km one...at least they can just be bought and not needed to be constructed...

nabassu

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Maciek
Drive
VR-4 TypeS
180, because of japanese restictions beck in 2000.
same thing goest to 280 HP (with our 320 HP stock potential)

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
It ODO for sure not trip. If you have a good read he states that he used a brand new dash from Ralliart. Clearly he didn't swap the ODO electronics.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
There's an image up near the top of the page which reads "Trip B 229 km" or similar, then that picture is further down the page with "ODO 3 km"... I'm guessing everyone is looking at different pictures.

Jkrzysztof

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kris
Drive
Legnum VR4
I've done my tooday, looks that what do you think? I have change LED's for blue one.
IMG_0532.jpg

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
To cut the plastic in half I literally sawed and bent mine until it snapped apart, fortunately where I wanted it to snap!

The little bit of electronics screwed into the plastic section is best left there, obviously they need to be moved across with their pieces of plastic so that your speedo and tach don't become inaccurate.

After this it is all very easy, just reassemble the dash and install it back into the car. Because I've used a complete dash with the electronics for the 260kmh section, my speedo is perfectly accurate! Also because I kept the 9000rpm tach from a VR-4 I still have the AYC bars, and AYC red warning light. All of the warning lights work perfectly fine.

was the clear plastic was cut in half? what glue to rejoin the clear plastic back together? acrylic glue? no interference with optitron light i supposed?

crazydriver81

Hesitantly Boosting
Premium Member
First Name
Stefan
Drive
Legnum 25 ST-R
was the clear plastic was cut in half? what glue to rejoin the clear plastic back together? acrylic glue? no interference with optitron light i supposed?

Honestly, I don't think that bradc will answer anymore... He hasn't been online since months.

As said via PM, no need to rejoin the acrylic and there is also no effect on light spread through the acrylic.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
Honestly, I don't think that bradc will answer anymore... He hasn't been online since months.

As said via PM, no need to rejoin the acrylic and there is also no effect on light spread through the acrylic.

Okey dokey sir yes sir

Top Bottom