6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Finally time for me to be a trader and advertise my various services here.
first of all has to be my 262 degree 9.8mm camshaft regrind service.

20151028_165102[1].jpg
20151028_164916[1].jpg

as detailed in this thread
https://www.ozvr4.com/threads/camshaft-101-and-regrind-information.16111/#post-343876

I take a stock set of cams and reprofile them to 262 degrees and 9.8mm of valve lift which is a decent increase over stock.

the price to regrind a set of stock cams is 600NZD, and I strongly reccomend installing a set of aftermarket valve springs with the cams which I can supply a set of 24 for 300NZD.
this price is if you supply your own cams for me to grind.

I can also do this on exchange so you don't have to take your car off the road or purchase a second set of camshafts to have it done however I would require a 200NZD refunadble bond. so I can replace the set if for some reason you don't return me your stock cams after installing the reground ones.

SHIPPING
I will happily ship internationally
-within NZ it depends on where you are
-Australia is between 100 and 200 depending if you want economy or express courier.
-I've shipped a few sets to the UK, Poland Finland and others and its generally about 180-200NZD shipped economy

We have had good results with these cams in the past. and I have sold more sets than I can keep track of
the three cars which have my cams that have actually been onto a dyno have been

1 - Carls PFL Galant.
this car made 422whp with the following mods, 262 cam regrinds, uprated valve springs, intercooler, exhaust, Walboro intank fuel pump, TD04L-13T's mounted on Racefab tubular manifolds and water methanol injection kit. Car was tuned on 95RON pump gas @ 18psi boost

NZEFI-Small.png

2 - Kayne's 7G Galant with 6A13TT Swap

Kaynes Car has Exhaust, Fuel pump, Evo intercooler, Link G3+ ECU stock TD03 turbos and it made 270hpatw on its previous tune. then we put some reground cams and valve springs in it and turned the boost up from 12 to 14psi and it went from 270 to 320hp. 50hp gain without killing off any low end power (y)
Gokuh_hp[1].JPG

3 - My own person car

mods were, 3" cat back exhaust, 600x300x76 FMIC, walboro 255LPH intank pump. Cams and valve springs and my own shoddy attempt at tuning it myself and it still managed 214kwatw on 14 psi.

Dyno Run 29.09.2012.PNG

there is a bit of discussion on this old thread here
https://www.ozvr4.com/threads/264-degree-cam-regrinds-valve-springs.11895/

any question feel free to ask! :)

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
What's up with Carl's Galant's power curve stalling then jumping again late?
Is the methanol injection kit activated very late or something?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
yeah the water/meth kit was a bit tempermental and being externally controlled and still running a stock ecu the tune was a bit all over the place. Phil who operated the dyno when we put it on thought with it tuned correctly there was more power left in it, but it would have probably stretched the head bolts.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
I have 3 sets of reground stock camshafts to sell at a reduced price this one time only.

Price is for all 4 cams including 24 heavy duty valve springs is 1000NZD if you dont return me any stock cams.
If you send me back a set of stock cams after you install them I will refund you $200NZD making it 800NZD which is 100 bucks cheaper than usual.

tmp_10243-20160730_145403-168558333.jpg
tmp_10243-20160730_1454581159851073.jpg
tmp_10243-20160730_145546-1980841424.jpg

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
What is the change in boost threshold rpm from stock cams to these? Or put another way, how much bottom end do I lose?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
What is the change in boost threshold rpm from stock cams to these? Or put another way, how much bottom end do I lose?
See the black dyno graph in the first post. No increase in boost threshold. No noticable low end loss.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
A wee bit different yes. Its not a really agressive idle like a 272 or 280 profile would be but it definatly makes it more agressive than stock. Ill try get a video of a car which has them installed and put it on youtube for you guys.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yes will ship anywhere at the buyers cost. Its usually between 130 to 160NZD for 3-5 day insured to Australia.
Express courier will be more but im not sure how much more.

Im happy to undervalue the package if you wanna dodge customs/duty tax too but I take no responsibility for any damages/losses if you choose to do that. As insurance only pays out on the declaired ammount

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Do these make the car sound any different? Im fairly interested in these!
Levi was kind enough to take a video of his car. His muffler has a exhaust leak so that what the odd noise is throughout the video but you get the idea

Davezj

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum VR-4
hi adam,
i have sent you aemail about the other two sets of cams
@adam.findlay

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Wish I had the money spare. But I've just finished converting my car to a manual and it's taken a big hit on the saving. Some lucky bugger needs to snap these up...

Top Bottom