6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
As detailed here on club vr4

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showth...-264-degree-cam-regrinds.&p=679616#post679616

I am organising a group buy on getting cams reground In christchurch NZ
specs are 262 degrees duration @ 0.1mm lift with 9.8mm overall lift for 600 NZD and better valve springs are required at this amount of lift as the stock springs will bind, these can be supplied for 300 NZD for a set of 24 brian crower springs

you must provide me with stock cams to send in and i will return the reground cams to you. or you can get me to source cams here in nz if you dont want to take your VR4 off the road for an extended period of time.

so far i have myself and 3 others intrested in newzealand if I can get some more people intrested I will go and re asses the prices with kennelly cams to try get a discount

these are 1/4 the price that RPW are asking for their billet cams which have 1.5mm less lift!!

contact me via PM, or email @ Adam.findlay118@gmail.com or by posting here/ PMing me

note: These cams will work with stock hydraulic lifters.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
I'm definately in on this.. but have already posted on the clubvr-4 thread.. just thought I'd kick off some interest for the ozvr4 folk. :)

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
choice the more the better chance of a bigger discount.
hopefully some more from across the ditch join in

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Have a missed where the price is for the Cams them selves?

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Have a missed where the price is for the Cams them selves?

It's regrinding your existing cams that you supply. (Or some spares if you happen to source some)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
264 degrees duration @ 0.1mm lift with 10.5mm overall lift for 630 NZD and... better valve springs ...345 NZD for a set of 24

you must provide me with stock cams to send in and i will return the reground cams to you.

important bits.

am considering this...

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Ok, so almost NZ$1k for reground original cams and springs?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
yes you send me in a set of stock cams plus money (final price to be finalised) and i send you back reground cams + springs

so far I have myself and 4 other persons intrested + a friend of mine who wants his CA18DET cams done too. which brings it to purchasing 120 valve springs and regrinding 22 individual camshafts (5x vr4 sets of 4 cams + 2 ca18det cams) I will be going in on thursday and re-negotiating the final price as the initial quote was for one set.

hopefully bringing down the price but 1knzd for 24 uprated valve springs and good cams is still a good deal in my eyes.

please keep posting if you are intrested, there is one person on club vr4 in NZ selling a set of cams if anyone from oz is intrested

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
which is about 750AUD, so not bad in the end of it. not trying to derail this thread, but we (australians) should contact tighe cams for a comparison.

out of interest, how 'lumpy' are these?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
which is about 750AUD, so not bad in the end of it. not trying to derail this thread, but we (australians) should contact tighe cams for a comparison.

out of interest, how 'lumpy' are these?
yeah you guys probably have a place or places in australia that can do the same just a mater of paying postage to get cams back from nz or organising it all your self again in oz, guess it depends which works out cheaper your time or shipping for cams :)

not sure what you mean by 'lumpy' specs are as above 264 degrees @ 0.1mm lift which is close to if not the same as HKS 272's as HKS's advertised duration is from valve absolute closed to absolute closed again is zero lift and over all lift on these cams is 10.5mm (the large lift merits the change in valve springs) where the RPW cams have a max lift of 8.5mm (less then most late model evos have stock!!)

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
As an update the finalised price was $900 NZD (700.9 AUD) for the regrind including 24 brian crower valve springs.
specs are as follows in image
Untitled.jpg

I have just finished installing my cams and friend of mine carl has put his in too so if there is any one else in australia intrested in set of these cams Im willing to sell my stock cams for ~200NZD (155 AUD) I imagine carl will do the same (saves you paying for shipping both ways and taking your car off the road for the time taken for the regrind!)
so for anyone one intrested it will be 750 AUD (including shipping of final product from me to you) if you supply your own stock cams or ~900 if you purchase stock cams from me here in Christchurch NZ.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
If you are intrested PLEASE email me @
Familiaspeed@hotmail.com
state if
-you plan to supply your own standard cams or purchase ones from me here in NZ
-A rough date when you want to do the cam regrind
-if you want valve springs from the supplier here or you plan to source your own

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Brian Crower makes excellent stuff- about to buy their rods & pistons for my VQ.
1000Aus is brilliant for what you get.

Keep in mind that for ~every 14 degrees of extra duration with move your power band 500rpm to the right. That said with 264 and 10.5mm lift you'll stuff a sh*t load of air into the chambers

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
correct. IMHO 264 @9.8mm lift (overal lift was reduced to 9.8 to work with stock lifters) is a good compromise between low end and top end. the cars I have already installed these cams on the powerband hasnot been shifted too far to the right but still gave noticable power increases from 3500-4000 rpm onwards

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
It's regrinding your existing cams that you supply. (Or some spares if you happen to source some)

How goes your progress with this Trent, other priorities?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Dyno plot of my car up on the club vr4 link. 214.5 Kw atw with a pretty average road tune I did my self and factory turbos that are getting pretty sad. Ive just sourced some replacement turbos might put them in soon and see how much further i can push the tune

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
also final prices are 600NZD for the cam Regrind and 300NZD for the valve springs. so 900NZD for both + shipping to OZ which from memory when i sent trents cams was just under or around 100NZD
these also don't need to be done in groups now as I now work for the place that does it i can do them on a per customer basis at the same price
http://www.kcams.co.nz/

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Great news Adam, I am considering another rebuild for my car. Wouldn't be until mid next year.
Can you post the clubvr4 link here for us that have difficulty navigating that site...ie me!

I'd be keen to see the loss/shift of bottom end with these cams and where they reach full boost 12 14 16psi whatever you're running. I need to tow a car trailer with mine so i don't want to loose the bottom end. Its not just that, i have a 180 degree 2nd gear corner on my 800meter long driveaway up about 12 % slope.
Regardless of all that, keen to see shape of the curve.
Out of interest, what is the lift and duration of the standard cams?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Here is the Dyno graph. It was a rolling road so its vs road speed not RPM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57902&d=1348894343

red line = power
black line = torque
pink line = boost
blue = AFR's

as you can see my AFR's are still quite rich as i was getting some serious overheating issues on my last track day so i richened it up to keep temps down. and as i said before my ignition timing is pretty rough from just a road tune using my laptop and evoscan. the torque curve is almost perfectly flat to redline except the dip in the middle which corresponds to the dip in boost due to my rubbish attempt at holding 15psi flat on the stock boost control solenoid :)

I know my tune has more to give but 214.5 atw isnt to bad i thought.

to be honest I havnt really noticed any bottom end power loss but it definatly hauls alot better up top and it doesnt completly stop it but it helps the tiny turbos not run out of puff so much,

umm I have never accually measured the lift and duration on the standard cam but If i get the spare set out of my engine at home im sure I can measure them if needed.

Top Bottom