Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy86

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Really fast Magna wagon thingy
Also i've seen the same auction reports for the cars on Jap links lot. All genuine....

If i found these guys were doing the same thing i'd be doing the same to them

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Just for the record, there's no reason why this thread needs to be deleted - the OP has stated the facts and has evidence to back it up. It would take 30 seconds to match up the chassis numbers on the auction sheets with the cars in the yard.

As I've said in numerous magazine articles and columns, always make sure that, if you're buying from a dealer and getting something freshly imported, that you ask for the auction sheet or even better, the export certificate, which is harder to forge. If they can't provide you with either, walk away.

Lucadou

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Cam
Drive
97 White Regnamu
Just for the record, there's no reason why this thread needs to be deleted - the OP has stated the facts and has evidence to back it up. It would take 30 seconds to match up the chassis numbers on the auction sheets with the cars in the yard.
If the offending dealer decided that they wanted to take legal action (however unfounded it may be) against the ozvr4 site, the site owner would be out of pocket a lot of money. See what happened at OCAU for example.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Japlink Motors, correct me if I'm wrong, have been there for quite some time now (I first saw a Chaser there).

All Imports have sprung up right next to them & haven't been there very long at all...

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
If the offending dealer decided that they wanted to take legal action (however unfounded it may be) against the ozvr4 site, the site owner would be out of pocket a lot of money. See what happened at OCAU for example.

A few things:

OzVR4 is not legally responsible for the opinions and posts of members on its site. It's like suing Westfield for buying a dodgy shirt at K-Mart.

I agree that it's all a fairly grey area legally, but moderation of comments on here are really only warranted when the comments are heresay, like:

"I can't stand that Iron Chef Imports bloke, he has no hair and my grandmother told me to never trust bald people" or "my friend's cousin's brother-in-law bought a car through Iron Chef Imports and it cost him $50 to fix a scratch on the bumper that Iron Chef never mentioned until it got here!"

In this situation, the OP is not being defamatory - he is stating the facts, and providing evidence to support his claims.

tommy86

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Really fast Magna wagon thingy
Thankyou Kristian. From your conduct on this forum i would take you to be an honest business man and i guess you would feel a similar distaste for people like this guy giving your industry a bad name and making life harder for honest people.

All i am trying to do is help fellow import enthusiasts and i get slamed for trying...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
This is kind of like someone yelling out a murderer that they committed murder, and the murderer tries to sue that person.

This looks to be a fairly cut and dry case and I suggest that someone over there gets the police involved. There is no need to discuss this any further and things are just degrading a bit now. Personally, I think they should be butt raped with a branding iron.

Tommy has PM'ed me telling me that he will be passing the information i have on to DOTARS, MTA and the Department for fair trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom