3'' straight exhaust mod

G

Unregistered
how many ppl would be interested in this exhaust tho..
we would probably need like 5 - 10 ppl tho..
most ppl already have done exhaust mods tho...
but wats the interest level like..
i can ask the boys at KAMIKAZE n see what there prices are..

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
When people say straight pipes, they don't mean a physically 100% straight piece of tube. They mean a system with zero mufflers, cats, or other possible restrictions.

Straight pipes would sit at the same height as any normal exhaust.

sure thing. ideally..
We are not that stupid to not to know that really. However the exhaust showen in the picture seems that it will hang lower.
When i spoke to the guys, there were few discussions. Really as straight as possible was run the pipes opposite side - looking from the back, run it to left side of the car. Not so straight but similar to the one showen on the picture need to go under the axle.

So there you go.

G

Unregistered
However the exhaust showen in the picture seems that it will hang lower.
When i spoke to the guys, there were few discussions. Really as straight as possible was run the pipes opposite side - looking from the back, run it to left side of the car. Not so straight but similar to the one showen on the picture need to go under the axle.

This might help for those visual people.

G

Unregistered
I've wondered for a while how they managed to get that exhaust under the prop/diff and it looks like the dynamic damper may have been removed to give a bit more room. I can't see it in either pic but I could be wrong and it is still bolted to the diff

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
so is there a massive gains difference between having the hook and having it straight? sound difference? is it very noticable?

i wouldnt have any hope fitting it behind my bars i dont think - but im still curious to know if its worth a little extra engineering

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
that exaust vs fujisibo cat back looks really good performance wise i dont know but for the fuji i was quoted 1350 and i think custom is cheaper soo this looks like a really good option

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
still wondering on difference, along with how much lower does it sit compared to standard.. (roughly)

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Yeh, the low point would be a concern for me. I have a HKS 3" and it hits the ground on speedhumps etc. How much lower would that one hang?

Also, who's exhaust is that on the Super? Looks like it would be fairly loud..

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
how many ppl would be interested in this exhaust tho..
we would probably need like 5 - 10 ppl tho..
most ppl already have done exhaust mods tho...
but wats the interest level like..
i can ask the boys at KAMIKAZE n see what there prices are..

Get a price. I still have the stock exhaust. Most likely my next mod. If the price is right I might go ahead with it.

Top Bottom