300zxtt Aka Rollin

G

Unregistered
Most recent dyno day saw 355 rhwp peak but alot more torque and mid range power, this was a bit lower than last time since i increases the VCT cut off point and backed the ignition advance off as i intended to really increase the boost.
Very happy with how the car drives at the moment, teh power figure might not sound like much but it is alot on the street especially since so much power is available at lower rpm now.
Even so i will still write another chip this week with a more agressive tune and possibly run it on the dyno again in a few weeks, just out of curiosity reall, ive got a few different chips i can run back to back now and see which one is best for street,
heres some recent pics
P9050163.jpg

P9050164.jpg

P9050165.jpg

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
That's looking really neat and tidy Niall, well done man. I'd love to see some engine shots sometime?

G

Unregistered
That's looking really neat and tidy Niall, well done man. I'd love to see some engine shots sometime?

Ok steve, will take some this week, no worries, you cant see the ground thought there, thats for sure

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
+1 for engine shots

im a masive 300zx fan. they're rather unloved for such a nice car.

wouldnt mind one....one day. ill keep dreamin

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Very nice car mate. Looks really sleek and damn clean and i love the two cannons sticking out the back :D

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Damn, that's pretty awesome power :)

G

Unregistered
IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

Engine pics as requested, i didnt have time to clean it, just lifted the bonnet and took some snap shots. the 2 bottom ones are reflection pics after my new paint job.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
20 years old and they STILL look good.... Well done mate :)

G

Unregistered
lol, ive never actually thought of it like that. after christmas it will officially be 20 years old!!!

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i just creamed. the engine bay in that looks so much better than in a galant :p mainly due to orientation..

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
that is an awesome looking zed love it mate well done

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
zif our motors are harder to work on then that

vg30dett>6a13tt in the "hardest import engine to work on" stakes

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
i just creamed. the engine bay in that looks so much better than in a galant :p mainly due to orientation..

Yeah nah. There are a few places where you can fit your hand in a VR4 engine bay.

Is a clean looking car though. I've always had a huge soft spot for these. If it wasn't for the expense of maintaining them I would have imported one a while back. Found a gorgeous gold TT manual 2 seater in Japan, but ended up going with a Celsior. The polar opposite really!

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Yeah nah. There are a few places where you can fit your hand in a VR4 engine bay.

Is a clean looking car though. I've always had a huge soft spot for these. If it wasn't for the expense of maintaining them I would have imported one a while back. Found a gorgeous gold TT manual 2 seater in Japan, but ended up going with a Celsior. The polar opposite really!

i'd like to emphasise where i said 'looks' :) im just saying it looks awesome. i know ours has more room hehe.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Yeah, I'm with the other guys. I've always had a love for these cars. Yours seems like a really nice example. Its funny really they don't really look 20 years old. there shape seems timeless.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Just like NSX's, Supra's, RX-7's, all of them look like modern cars. Especially IMHO the RX-7, they could be relaunched today and look like a 2009 car.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
i agree with you there brad. i used to wish i had an rx-7 but now feel they are a little small.. and all the girls i know think a supra is a chicks car LOL :D

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
hahaha, I wanna meet these chicks you know if one of 'em are driving round in a Supra.

Top Bottom