QLD 6a13tt CE Lancer #dailyslowcar

Tristo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristan
Drive
CE 02 Lancer
So not really much of an update. Got a new job and have been home for like 2 weeks in the past 12 months. Practiced wrapping a little more, still a long way to go and probably better material before I attempt to wrap a whole car.

Other than that I bought a little project local to work, 600SS 94 Cati. Pretty excited to have my first super sport.

Aiming to get some time off around the Christmas period to do some stuff to the coupe.

F669708C-2278-46BD-9471-78467AC7701C.jpeg
BB9386E8-2E6C-42DC-B786-A9974F4ADB83.jpeg

Tristo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristan
Drive
CE 02 Lancer
So developed a little problem that I thought was fixed.

While cruising and holding a steady rpm occasionally my AFRs spike to 17ish. I blip it and it goes back to normal. Coils/spark/leads/pump are all under 2000km old.
Bit of a background of the day.

Was about 37-38 degrees, was monitoring the temps all day. Went on a cruise that was around the 350km mark, car topped out at 100 degrees (water) for a few seconds before reaching an open stretch of road. That was the hottest it got for the day.

Any help would be appreciated as trouble shooting is difficult when I’m only home 3 nights out of the month.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
bit hard to say, I assume you have changed your fuel pump to walbro? how about your fuel loop?

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Hey man, really interested in potentially putting my spare 6a13tt into a mirage to go full sleeper, interested in how fitment went and what the main issues were with the swap etc

Tristo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristan
Drive
CE 02 Lancer
Hey man, really interested in potentially putting my spare 6a13tt into a mirage to go full sleeper, interested in how fitment went and what the main issues were with the swap etc
some models need the fire wall to be sensually rubbed down and some don't other than that get some good rubber mounts. nothing really main about the swap, was just a pain for me as it was my first swap and was still learning alot about how to do things. thank you for helicoil XD

also dropping into a mirage might be a bit difficult to get mod plated as it may fall under the minimum requirements. i know the lancer is out by like 20kg or something

few pics

84812252_174587270619369_6336935181064077312_n.jpg

84948971_1838540672937890_661571829990686720_n.jpg

84597272_169092161187259_3347932994416410624_n.jpg

Tristo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristan
Drive
CE 02 Lancer
once a year update,
been driving the car a bit more, making up some track time. out to the little track at the back lakeside a couple times now.

not much has changed since the last update. mainly just some little suspension tweaks here and there.

learning a lot from the track visits, with trying to smash a front heavy car around a little track and attempting to manage the oversteer/over rotation of the rear. open to some suggestions to assist in this.
Current setup
BC BR coilovers 7/5
22mm? rear sway bar - need to confirm
225/45/16 nankang ar1 16x8 wheel

few pics

DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0662.JPG

DSC_0191.JPG

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
That should be quite a killer setup. Big rear sway bar is good and it sounds like you have it.

Next moves would be an LSD and a decent seat if you don't have one.

Tristo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristan
Drive
CE 02 Lancer
That should be quite a killer setup. Big rear sway bar is good and it sounds like you have it.

Next moves would be an LSD and a decent seat if you don't have one.

LSD is like that step where it’s 1/4 cost of a awd swap. It’s something that I do really want to do, but it’s still in the thinking bucket. Was looking at wavetrac a bit ago.

seat wise, I’m running some e4 recaros. They fit me pretty decently.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
LSD is like that step where it’s 1/4 cost of a awd swap. It’s something that I do really want to do, but it’s still in the thinking bucket. Was looking at wavetrac a bit ago.

seat wise, I’m running some e4 recaros. They fit me pretty decently.

SR3 Recaros are fine, if you are not improving times I would put an LSD in for sure, corner exit you will gain a lot of time and the car will pull a lot nicer.

I have never heard of the track you are racing at but try get a "pro" to drive and you passenger and get some feedback. Alternatively, now is probably a good time to take note of braking zones and speeds and changing your driving based on that.

Tristo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristan
Drive
CE 02 Lancer
SR3 Recaros are fine, if you are not improving times I would put an LSD in for sure, corner exit you will gain a lot of time and the car will pull a lot nicer.

I have never heard of the track you are racing at but try get a "pro" to drive and you passenger and get some feedback. Alternatively, now is probably a good time to take note of braking zones and speeds and changing your driving based on that.

thankyou for your input. I’ll be putting a fair bit more seat time in before I look at a LSD. Would want to swap the gearbox/gear set before I do that. Currently running a CE box with a CH diff. So will probably look at a overhaul with evo stuff or go a 2.4 mivec gearbox/setup. Still a long way away, gear box still feels healthy currently.

Tristo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristan
Drive
CE 02 Lancer
Really not a lot going on at the moment. Mainly just actually having fun with the car and replacing things that break.

planning for some new paint soon, other than that. The performance side of things won’t be changing too much.

0624F280-379B-46AA-939D-C4E8BDBCC7E4.jpeg
4A353E92-80F9-4689-B0EB-F2D47FAE2239.jpeg
9763E36E-D774-40E4-9844-A863853D8110.jpeg
80D924C2-DD1B-450C-B187-BEF47C356F04.jpeg

Top Bottom