6A13TT Jap to English WSM translation!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Only 126 to go...

Don't forget to sign up your other half if you have a few email addresses ;)

cheers

Lee

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Guys i have just bought a manual on CD in english online. When I get it I will let you know if it is any good and can make copies for a hell of a lot less than $99NZ. Basically cover postage and cd costs :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Err Steve Ian actually found this and told CVR4 about it... ;)

As I stated in that thread, I'm uncertain if the manual they're talking about is actually for the 6A13TT or not, as it only lists the 6A13 variant... I emailed them a couple of days ago but am yet to get a response.

Guys i have just bought a manual on CD in english online.
Jase can you post the link for that? I'd like to see what it has to say...

If you get it and it IS what we're after, I'm happy to put a copy up online as I've done for CAPS and the Japanese workshop manual :)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Well, lets see what comes from the eBay CD. Hopefully its the answer to all our prayers.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea if neither option plays out I've got a Japanese guy in the states who will do the translation for me, but it will cost a few k... I've had quotes anywhere from $24k to $180,000!!! I haven't pinned this particular guy down on price yet as I'm not sure we'll need it, but he indicated thousands in the range of four digits, not five.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
WHAT??? That is ridiculous! I've got a Japanese relative, I'll ask her to do it!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Just got a reply from Jason's eBay seller - he assures me the manual is for the 6A13TT... so guess we can just wait and see :)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
That's great news. Any idea on how big the file is on the cd? I'll start enquiring about printing one up on Monday.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Those prices for translation are absolutly out of control, I am sure I could walk up to a Japanese kid in Adelaide Uni and give him $50 to do it hell most Uni students would do it for a hot meal, if this CD is no good

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Its over 1000 pages, with approximately 140,000 Japanese words with 45% repetition. Like I said, I've had quotes from 20k to 180k and everywhere in between, still getting quotes coming in every day. Its a BIG job, make no mistake. Download it and take a look, if you like :)

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
i hope you arent talking australian for that $20,000 hopefully is in yen lol

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
No dude, AUD... And scarily, if we don't find another option I've been working out how we can afford to get it done with the cost around $20k. But hopefully we won't have to go down that road!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
I remember having pay $1500 for a copy of the Silvia manual on disc not too many years ago. I guess if you gotta pay 20k you wanna sell the copies for enough to get ya $$$ back.

Having said that, I am pretty confident that the CD I have coming will be exactly what we need. Fingers crossed

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Fingers and fricken TOES, dude... Wait - let me get my staple gun and I'll cross my g/f's fingers too, just to be safe ;)

Top Bottom