6A13TT Mivec

G

Unregistered
hi guys well as some may remember I was responsible for making new zealands only VR-M(6A12 FTO Motor Mivec Legnum)
since that project back in 2010 I am now on a new adventure...

I wish to install the Mivec Heads(FTO Mivec Motor) to the 6A13TT Block(same orientations)I have a bit of knowledge but not when it comes to MIVEC.
so my questions are to ask for help in completing this project..
once successfully running I am going to then build another 6A13TT Mivec Motr that's forged to go into my LEGUTE...

the plan will be to run a forged 6A13TT motor with Mivec Heads and upgrade from TD03 to TD04 or 05 dependant on application

so effectively I want the Mivec Heads(FTO) onto a Legnum VR4 motor .(y)(y)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
it has been done. there is an fto in japan with it done. http://www.makeup-power.co.jp/tunedcar/29.html (note: the oil filler cap location)

As far as whats needed? no idea. probably best to get the heads and the block infront of you and figure it out as you go. i can think of a few people on here (steve, ken, bcx etc) that will have some clue about ecu stuffs

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
biggest problem is cambelt.

the mivec heads are taller. (to fit all the mivec gear between the cam and valve) so you need a longer cambelt that is the same tooth profile and width

as for switching the mivec. it will just be a solenoid so using an output on an aftermarket ecu will do that no problem

also probably just like the sr20VET engine conversions using a silvia sr20de block with a VVL primera sr20VE head they need to run an external oil feed to the VVL solenoid. so i assume it will be much the same for switching mivec

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
If you're going that far, why not 6g74/75 using diamante 30m Mivec heads, they had variable lift too I think.... Plus more capacity equals good....

G

Unregistered
See that's why I ask you guys... Soo much info and knowledge... I have the 2 motors I front if me at any time lol..
as for 6g Steve the engine orientation problem plus they're fly by wire not cable and a gearbox to bolt up??manual of course...

i have a black ST-R that I'm willing to donate for the cause so if your willing to help and supply me knowledge then I'm willing to do the project...

slo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
AJ
Drive
Car
as for 6g Steve the engine orientation problem plus they're fly by wire not cable and a gearbox to bolt up??manual of course...

any 6g from 96 onwards has the same orientation and all diamante are cable throttle. Only slight issue is the belhousing bolt pattern but can use a 6g manual belhousing on a vr4 box

G

Unregistered
The issue is the diamanté only came in auto. The magma was the only manual out but us 2wd. There's 1 in the yard

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
I remember reading RPW started working on this some years ago. They gave up too from memory... to much work, to costly for little gain.
Couldn't you try using the 6a13 crank in the 6a12? It'd be close to 2.5L and you can still hook up the turbo manifolds?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Apparently the 6a13 crank is quiet different to the 6a12 crank and it doesn't bolt in so more hassle to get it working. And I don't think the blocks are similar.

Now that is only grap vine stuff from round the net so it's not concrete

G

Unregistered
Well why not kick me in my ball and piss on me while I'm down. Feck that!! Ill just build anoth VR-M I think. Much better in the end

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Just put an LS1 in it. That's what your meant to do with JDM cars right?

G

Unregistered
feck the V8 crap.....im not into that until I build my Mercuy Coupe.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I still say 6g, get a Stroker kit and get it close to 4 litres, pair of 2860's or 2871's should move it along

R Kilburn

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roland
Drive
1996 PFL VR-4 Galant
Could you do another VR-M mivec engine and fit a custom stroker kit for bigger displacement? If there are any kits available that is

G

Unregistered
Steve what mold you reckon? And reckon we could match up a vr4 box to it?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I assume you mean what model....

Ideally a 6g75 but you'll be pioneering ecu tuning but they do run coil on plug factory so that's a bonus....

G

Unregistered
6g75 is from a?? 380?? Um pioneering Ecu?? Why not just plug n play their loom?

Top Bottom