6A13TT Spark Plugs

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
my previous plugs looked like they were still ok.. but when i still had it on.. at around 4k rpm it felt like it was hesitating.. so don't be fooled with the good looks of those plugs.. just check if youre engine's combusting that fuel in an efficient way..

my opinion anyway..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Just one of those maintenence things really, you don't know if the plugs in the car are 10,000km old or if they are still the original's! It is just annoying the rear ones are so hard to access. Definitely something every VR-4 owner should do.

G

Unregistered
I have the ngk prjf6 something laser iridiumn in my car

they seems okey but i just have checked one right now... gap was 1.1

Gonna change and fit ngk7;s instead but when i realised how much i needed to remove before i get them on the back out, im gonna wait a few days before i hit that operation.

G

Unregistered
Ive got the same ones, according to RPW's Test Car (Madhav's), they say that it's a "colder plug due to a more recessed nose compared to the ... suggested NGK BKR7EIX units". Although mine came with the car, that's why I haven't changed mine across yet.

G

Unregistered
After reading through some threads here about chaning plugs etc I finally gave it a go, it took me 4 hours and i must say the 6A13TT engine is the most difficultest engine I have ever come across......

DSC00982.jpg

DSC00983.jpg

By the way does anyone here know what it means when the "TCL OFF" light keeps flashing?

Thanks
Jay

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If it is on solid then tcl is off, flashing indicates a fault. If it only started after the spark plug change then I'd say you've left something unplugged, re-check the area around the throttle body and on the firewall behind it. If that doesn't fix it....start a new thread :p

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
err.. some say you should change it too.. i'd say.. tighten the f@#? out of the bolts holding the rocker cover.. :D

but seriously.. i can't justify spending $20 each on plug seals when you can just tighten it.. unless the ones in there have perished..

also Jay (Decepticon) how's your TCL going?! found what caused the TCL off?!

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah me either... Also the Copper plug BKR6ES apparently doesn't exist it's either the BKR6ES-11 (1.1mm gap) or there's BKR6E which has a 8mm gap. Does the later sound right?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Warning: Stoopid Question Coming....

If I use Bosch spark plugs do I still use a 8mm gap?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Cool, thanks... Anyone got any comments on Bosch plugs before I buy them?

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
They are mostly white

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Matt depends on which ones and their ratings - the NGK iridium ones are popular because they're rated for 100,000kms between renewal, which in our cars is really quite beneficial. You really don't want to be changing plugs every 10,000kms in a VR4... :banghead:

RE plug seals, I'd do those along with your 100,000km service - definitely no need to replace them every time, but they apparently have a bad habit of perishing (which doesn't surprise me - everything under the bonnets of VR4's is extremely hot, and rubber doesn't tend to like those kinds of conditions).

Oh and they don't cost anything like $20 each, unless you get sucked in to buying them from Mitsi Australia :(

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
Hi guys. i have been reading the thread all morning today. it is time for me to change the plugs and leads. would anyone keen to help me out on changing the plugs and leads? on site tutorial? i will to the work, just tell me what to do. i would offer full tank of fuel or some cash, or brand new pioneer sub or used but good turbosmart muffler if anyone interested.

Top Bottom