'98 Legnum at a dealer's in Sydney - $30k!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
It's like that white Legnum that was on sale for AGES in NSW for $35,000 before we could import them in. It's not the same one is it? At least it's got manual with leather and moon roof. Well, if he can sell it for that price, it bodes well for the rest of us!

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
*sighs* I would kill for a leather interior... My next Legnum will have one hopefully.

G

Unregistered
He's having a bit of a pull of himself, isn't he? Surely.

I hope anyone who thinks about buying it will go home first and do a bit of research.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I am going to Sydney in a couple of weeks, I might go and kick the tyres ;)

G

Unregistered
considering you can get an evo 6 for around 26-27000 mark he is kidding himself.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I might have to go check it out on the weekend. I was at this dealer about 2 weeks ago. They had good quality cars, but they were a bit pricey.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
What dealer is it Paul ?

E & M Unique Motors 1

Phone: 02 9799 9333

James Quach was the guy I talked to when I was there...he was quite a nice guy. The others there were pretty good too. Shame about the markup

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
i talked to one of these guys last time and the cars arent actually in australia, some were nearly ready but none were ready to take away.

i am guesing he is hoping to get pre import sales

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I just hope the buyer doesn't pay top dollar then come on here and brag about his bargain.

And I hope he doesn't see Leebutts's car too!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
i talked to one of these guys last time and the cars arent actually in australia, some were nearly ready but none were ready to take away.

That is one optomistic and morally bankrupt A-hole - he's trying to make at least 100% profit on that! I hope he buys a bunch of them and gets caught unable to move them :)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I just hope the buyer doesn't pay top dollar then come on here and brag about his bargain.

And I hope he doesn't see Leebutts's car too!

hehehe if he sees my car I'll sell it to him/her for $25k :)

Edit: actually $35k as mine still has that little piece of front lip and guaranteed lower kms!

Lee

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Well he had a yard full of cars. When I was there about 2-3 weeks ago he said the white Legnum he had was about 2 weeks away. So the time is about right, I'd say it's in their yard. He did say they do have cars in Japan waiting to come to Australia, they advertise them for creating interest.

It's not really immoral...it's no different to J-Spec or Kristian advertising their cars in Japan for sale. The only difference I see is that they haven't specified it's in Japan (if it is), but they would quickly tell you if it was when you enquired.

Bloody RX7's are where the profit's at. I've known of some dealers that are getting slightly damaged RX7's in (I'm talking cosmetic damage, nothing structural), costing them about 8 at the auction, fixing up for about 2-3k then selling them for 45k lol...that's insane.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I should post up pics of my RX-7 hey Paul? lol Mine cost a little more than 8K though ;)

Look it's simply pitching a car at a price the market can stand - if you didn't know how much J-Spec or I were selling them for, would you be prepared to pay that much for a wagon with that many features if it was rare enough? The answer is yes - I sold my own Galant for that money a couple of years back, so they're probably hoping someone will come in looking for a $30K car, beat them down a few thousand and walk out the door with what is, let's face, a bloody good car even at that money.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Common guys look at it this way we're educated buyers. None of us would pay that sort of money as we know better. But someone will walk in off the street see it, take it for a drive and buy it for the money he's asking. All without doing any research into what they're getting. And all because the cars are simply that good and the car salesman will push the buyers right buttons.

G

Unregistered
I am not usually a fan of tan leather interiors but in the legnums it looks awesome - if you get a buyer who can look past the fact that this is pretty much just a Magna wagon to all external appearances and gets inside that cabin - sees the luxury and feels the power - and they have the cash - they will probably buy it.

Although some one with 30G's to spend on a wagon would probably be looking more at a second hand Audi A6 wagon or similar! I know I would! :)

Top Bottom