ABS tests on the skidpan

G

Unregistered
Got my car on the skid pan today. Thought I'd share some photos of my car under heavy braking testing out the ABS.

steeringlong.jpg

steering.jpg

splashbrake.jpg

hardbraking.jpg

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
hmm very interesting - is this something you need to do for WA rego?
or can you just pay to go have a play around there?

...please explain!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Haha looks like fun, Paul! Nice day for it :) Do you have any performance stats for us??

And where'd you do that? Is it part of an advanced driving course or... ?

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
looks like its next to the WACA or Subiaco (ive never been to perth but im sure not too many places would have lights like)

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
looks like its next to the WACA or Subiaco (ive never been to perth but im sure not too many places would have lights like)

that was my first thought too ...

Is that Ben Cousins hiding in the bushes ? :p

G

Unregistered
Twas just a defensive driver course that we tryed to turn into an offensive driving course :) My work sponsors the Drive Safe campains so got a chance to go give the Leggy a spin.
I will be going to a proper skid pan day real soon.
I have slotted rotors and ebc greenstuff pads and the ABS was truely awesome. For the WA guys I'll let u know when I can organise a skid pan day for all of us once ur cars get here ;)
Oh and nice guess Gilly, that is the WACA, with Burswood behind ...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Once I noticed Burswood I worked out WHERE the carpark is, but that doesn't mean you can just go down there and fool around with your car... Especially as you're just a block from the Central Police Station! :(

Yea let us know, Paul - would be a fun day! :D

G

Unregistered
Didn't get the car sideways ... but I'm going to get a WA skidpan meet organised ... found out today its about $75 each if we get about 10 people ;)
I have about 4 already

G

Unregistered
cool.. hopefully my car, and coilovers should be here next week... so would be great to try it out on the pad

G

Unregistered
if only i was in wa

Why not try find a place in Vic that does skid pan days ...
Hopefully get this organised in the next few weeks ... and yes my video camera will be there ... :)

Top Bottom