ABS

damian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Damian
Drive
2000 black legnum
Probably a bit of a dumb question, but I had a heart in the mouth experience the other day when some old fart pulled out from a side street across the front of me while I was doing 70km/hr with the two boys and my mrs in the car. I stood on the brakes HARD, and the ABS came on. Thankfully I missed him with only inches to spare.

My Question is that my brake pedal felt really high afterwards but has been slowly getting back to its normal feeling height over the last 50k's or so. Is this normal or should i get my brakes checked? Although this is not the first car with ABS, its the first time Ive really had it come on in an emergancy.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
it should not matter how hard you had your brakes, it should feel the same i think. have you checked your brake oil recently?

G

Unregistered
Nar the brakes should still work the same but you may have affected the EBD valve if you have one that may make it feel high. If you are worried take it to a GOOD mechanic maybe Les haldine look in the northern yellow pages he is a mobile mech. The brakes are the most important thing on the car they are the only thing that stops you!!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
could be a knackered cylinder, old brake fluid, a number of things. Follow Tom's advice and get it looked at ASAP.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i'd say old brake fluid.. mine did something similar.. and it stank like sh!t

damian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Damian
Drive
2000 black legnum
Thanks for your advice guys, you have confirmed what I was thinking. Sounds like a trip to my mech early next week is in order.

Top Bottom