Aftermarket horns - Who/What/Where UPDATE: New Horns installed w/ PICS!

wraith73

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Steve
Drive
Mitsubishi Colt, Patrol, Pulsar Q
I bought the Stebel Nautilus off eBay & put it in the Challenger. Sounded excellent. A lot louder than normal airhorns & heaps better than the pissy standard horns. Ended up buying 2 more, one for a friend's birthday (who's got a Pajero with embarrassing stuffed horns), and one for my Leggie once the damage is fixed. Still love a set of train horns, but at $55, it's perfectly reasonable. A definite improvement!!

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
What sort of horn do the euro cars use?

I liked the sound of the horn that was in my Audi A4. What are they called?

G

Unregistered
What sort of horn do the euro cars use?

I liked the sound of the horn that was in my Audi A4. What are they called?

Pretty loud ones I think. At the traffic lights once I was distracted by the radio and didn't move off immediately the lights went green and the car behind me honked, it was pretty loud and I think it was a Euro car. Or it might have been one of those Germans ones, they look kind of similar at night.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Bit of a thread dig, i apologise, but does anyone by chance happen to have grill off install pics of some Supertones?

Was having a geez this arvo and wasnt sure whether to hang it from the top rad support, or the lower one, whether thebracket supplied is enough, or if i have to knock up some of my own.

Also, this was on a Facelift. anyone know if PFL and FL grills have more/less clearance behind them than the other?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Anyone?

had another look today, looks near impossible to fit these to a PFL without cutting the radiator support panel,
anyone able to show pics without the grill?

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Hey man I've got some pictures that someone sent me mid last year! Not sure if they help!
u6ebedup.jpg

bu3u4e9y.jpg
ill dig up the email
And see what they said about it.

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Nip can't find the attached email, but did find out that it was macca who sent them too me.

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Got any better pictures of how they are mounted! Did you end up changing the bracket?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Cool, that really helps thanks guys.

what I'm wondering though is what bracket they use because Hella say not to remove or modify the bracket that's supplied as it alters the mechanics of the horn or something like that.

im also guessing the FL grill isn't as deep as a PFL as i sort of dummy mounted them on the rad support panel and they literally wouldn't fit (depth wise)

upshotbravo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Trev
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Digital airhorn and PA system.

0naPInh.jpg

I saved this from my old vehicle.. ordered it in from the US a couple years ago. a Whelen 100 watt Airhorn and PA system. It does not have a siren function so it is theoretically legal here. It does have a sweet digital airhorn though, it makes that kinda weird off-tone police horn sound. It is astoundingly loud and the PA system is more then loud enough to turn heads for a couple of blocks and/or be heard clearly in other vehicles at highway speeds. Very practical item...

I just need to find a place to mount the speaker behind the grill... which is a bit less spacious then my previous cars engine bay. The airhorn function wires into the horn circuit and is activated when you hit the horn.

G

Unregistered
So apart from running supertones what else are people using as a replacement.

My standard horn is so soft and crap it5 needs replacing

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Merged your new thread into existing aftermarket horns thread. Please search before posting new threads.

G

Unregistered
Who is running a Stebel Nautilus horn.
Did you use one or two horns.
Any feedback

Top Bottom