Aftermarket Parts?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hi guys,

With my previous experience with Mitsi's with my Magna, I've seen that aftermarket parts can be far FAR less than the genuine parts, and are often of comparable if not better quality.

So now I want to find aftermarket parts for the Legnum. I know there's no way I'm going to find them domestically, but being 'car of the year' in Japan, I'm sure there will be aftermarket parts being made and sold SOMEWHERE. Shipping on many small items won't really be that significant, and as long as orders are kept under AUS$1000, you won't attract import duties either :)

So does anyone know of any aftermarket parts suppliers?

G

Unregistered
There is already a lot of stuff available for the Galant already. Many of the parts on it are interchangeable with EVO / Magna stuff as it uses all the same technology. RPW is already selling things like clutches, air cleaners and piggy back ECU units to Australia customers so no need to go international as there is already home grown stuff stocked.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
What about things like hoses, bearings, lifters, uni joints, dash parts, glass, oil and air filters, door trim etc? The little parts that are likely to be one-off for Galants and Legnums of that model?

G

Unregistered
Oil filters, bearings and lifters are already available.
Dash parts can't help you with
Uni joints would be imported from Japan only or we can get a local company to match them up.

G

Unregistered
Are you talking stock bearings or have you found some upgraded ones?

PS: Hope I've heard you right and we're talking about crank and rod bearings here...

G

Unregistered
Hey David can u let us know how it would cost to change the cooler piping to Silicon ?

G

Unregistered
I don't know of many makes of cars that have non gen interior parts,

Suspension parts are probably going to be the first thing most people have to change? are bushes ect the same as an EVO does anyone know?

Top Bottom