Alarm installers in Adelaide

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
Hey all,

My Legnum has arrived in Adelaide and is undergoing compliance, so I'd like to start organising an alarm. I've pretty much settled on the Mongoose M80G but would like to know if anyone has any recommendations on installers, preferably people with experience working on Legnums and Chasers?

I have rung a couple of places for a couple of different alarms, but no one has really instilled me with confidence. I'd rather a business than a backyarder (not that I have an issue with them, it's just a preference) and I wouldn't mind someone who is happy to quote install only, and supply and install if they can get them.

Anyone got any suggestions?

-Dave-

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Try technotronics 04014675590.
I had them install the same alarm in my previous car (GT Forester), and will be getting them to do the leggy soon unless someone comes up with a better option. From memory I think they quoted around $425.

Rob

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
My brother in law works for Strathfield as an installer, before that he worked at Tisonics. He'll come to yours after hours and do it as a cashie. He does all my cars for me, of course haha.

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Got a number Kristian? I assume it'll be a supply your own jobbie, or can he get Mongoose cheap enough?

-Dave-

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
I just got mine done today by Hong Tran Car Audio and Security.
He installed a 3 point immobilisor and alarm in just over an hour. He knows his stuff and has done legnums/galants before.
0413 522 565 - If you give him the model number of the alarm you want he says he can get it cheaper for you!
Make sure you tell him I recommended him!

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Hey all,

My Legnum has arrived in Adelaide and is undergoing compliance, so I'd like to start organising an alarm. I've pretty much settled on the Mongoose M80G but would like to know if anyone has any recommendations on installers, preferably people with experience working on Legnums and Chasers?

I have rung a couple of places for a couple of different alarms, but no one has really instilled me with confidence. I'd rather a business than a backyarder (not that I have an issue with them, it's just a preference) and I wouldn't mind someone who is happy to quote install only, and supply and install if they can get them.

Anyone got any suggestions?

-Dave-

Also are you dead set on Mongoose? They're barely around these days and aren't that reccommended by installers. If it stuffs up you're kinda stuck cos there aren't many people that look after them.
Look at cylcops man. I just got that installed and is backed by a warrantly, plus it's australian standard so good on insurance. Not to mention it's aussie owned too!

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Also are you dead set on Mongoose? They're barely around these days and aren't that reccommended by installers. If it stuffs up you're kinda stuck cos there aren't many people that look after them.
Look at cylcops man. I just got that installed and is backed by a warrantly, plus it's australian standard so good on insurance. Not to mention it's aussie owned too!

I have looked around, and the Mongoose has the best specs from what I can tell, the M80G has 3 point immobilise, glass break sensor and GPS upgradable. I have a mate who's got one in his TX3 (it's had $22k spent on it) and he's never had an issue with it.

I looked at Cyclops, but they seemed like just another alarm, nothing special at all.

M80 series are australian standards approved also.

-Dave-

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
I have looked around, and the Mongoose has the best specs from what I can tell, the M80G has 3 point immobilise, glass break sensor and GPS upgradable. I have a mate who's got one in his TX3 (it's had $22k spent on it) and he's never had an issue with it.

I looked at Cyclops, but they seemed like just another alarm, nothing special at all.

M80 series are australian standards approved also.

-Dave-

Fair enough mate, seems like you're set on what you're getting. But give Hong a ring anyways and see what he can reccommend.
Just giving you my imput anyways :)

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
i've got mongoose m80 in both my legnums. The only problem is that tv towers interfere with my imobiliser and if i park near them it takes ages to get the car to unlock, disarm and drive away

Top Bottom