Alarm recommendations

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
oh ok, good thing that Shannon's wont give me insurance then as i really want another one of these viper alarms :D

G

Unregistered
it also has to have all black (or whatever colour you like really, as long as its all one colour) wiring for shannons to approve it as well.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
It's weird about Shannons as I've asked them several times about whether or not I require an alarm (I've got one of course) and they keep saying no and that it makes no difference to the premium - what's the go with that??

Lee

G

Unregistered
brad - pink would go well with your purple :p

lee - you dont need an alarm i dont think.. but you need a 2 point immobiliser.. so people usually buy an alarm as it does that + more

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hmmm they didn't mention an immobilizer either?

Doesn't matter either way - it just annoys me when everyone gets different stories.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I just had an AutoWatch 3 point immobilizer/alarm fitted. Install was outstanding and so far(3 days later :p) everything is great. One button to lock/open doors and arm/disarm alarm/immobiliser.

George from Adelaide Pro Sound. Can't go wrong ;)

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
python

i work at "wow sight and sound" in townsville as the car audio installer.
i just fitted a Python 902 model alarm to mine and its great.
it has an LCD remote and shows exactly which part of the car has been interfered with . it retails for about 699 but then it needs fitting .just car insurance said this was fine.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I just had an AutoWatch 3 point immobilizer/alarm fitted. Install was outstanding and so far(3 days later :p) everything is great. One button to lock/open doors and arm/disarm alarm/immobiliser.

George from Adelaide Pro Sound. Can't go wrong ;)

Joel, I have an Autowatch installed on my R33 (by GT Autosound) and very happy with it. How much did George (APS) charge for it installed in the legnum? It would be different to the skyline i imagine as Legie already has central locking. PM me if you like, would like to get an idea of price for when I get my Legnum.

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
I've had an Autowatch 446RLi Premium installed in my leggy.....it's worked faultlessly so. I did use a very good installer though...probably the most important part of any install in my opinion. There are plenty of tricks a good installer will use to make it all the much harder to start the car.

If anyone in Brisbane needs alarm or audio work done, I'll pass you on his contact.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Justin,

We are looking at getting an alarm very soon and the price of the Autowatch 446RLi Premium seems to be very good. Who is the installer and how much did it end up costing?

Thanks,
Mike

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
Chris Rogers
Audio Express - Brisbane.
1300 283 469 - BH
0407-102-839 -Mb
07-3256-7741 - fax
www.audioexpress.com.au

We've both been posting at www.performanceforums.com for many years, so I know of him well from there. He's got a bloody good reputation for doing very neat, high quality and thorough work. Alarm + installation came to $770.

IMO, it's worth paying for a good install. I've had no end of troubles with the alarm on my zed car due to a poor install.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
I beat you to it. I spoke with him on the phone about 3 hours ago and he mentioned that he recently did an install on a Legnum. I asked if it was for a guy called Justin, he had an interesting reply -

Him "geez how did you know?'
Me " I read about it on the OZVR4 forum and thought I would do some research."
Him "Now I am in trouble (laughs). I guess I will be getting more business now."
Me "yep, you were highly recommended"

He told me the same price and is willing to pick up and deliver the car back in that price. That is good service.

Chris Rogers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris Rogers
Drive
wagon
I'll tell you one type to stay away from, AUTOWATCH. I had one installed and have had nothing but problems from it. It's either a dodgy alarm or its electrically incompatible with the car. Sometimes it wont activate and other times it wont go off. It's to inconsistant to figure out a pattern. Been a total pain in the ar*s. If the installer can't fix it it's coming out and I'm getting a refund.

more information please and the fitter who did it. I have NO problem at all with these alarms and I fit 2-3 a week in peak season.

justin,

ta!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Anyone in Sydney this is the guy to get your alarm off. I just had mine installed at my house. He comes to you. He mainly does import car alarm's and found the Legnum great to work on.

Platinum Performance parts and Imports. PH: 0411101737

He goes by high volume and low price. Top of the line alarm you will save a few hundred dollars and thats installed, what a great job you can't even see any of it under the dash, looks all standard. This is the same alarm the GPS tracking companys use just they add the GPS part to there's.

I got it all done for $450, The NRMA site say's about $700 for the same one. Extra $50 for auto up when arming for the windows which I didn't want.
I did however get the alarms turbo timer connected. It uses the hand brake to activate turbo timer.

Australian standars 3 point imobiliser. All black wires.

I just had this guy install mongoose m80i with 2 new keyless entry fobs
$330 fitted. Seemed to really know his stuff and fixed up my battery terminals aswell. Highly recomend him to guys in sydney!!:)

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
I just fitted my 2 Alpine Type R 12"s, 2 alpine amps, type X splits, type R rears, 7" dvd touch screen head unit, and my 10F Cap ;) sounds quite loud but i think ill still get it professionally done. Definately going to keep it completely removeable for track days etc :p

Top Bottom