All Mitsubishi state Meet/ National Meet

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S
HI folks; Happy birthday!
After years of talking about it I am starting to get the ball rolling on a State Mitsubishi meet!! This meet will have everything Mitsubishi I am even trying to organise a Mitsubishi Zero to fly in....

I am hoping to put on a celebration of Mitsubishi's in one location. I am choosing to do this as I can work with my local council on this which is a major plus.

I have negotiated to have a weekend in 2013 (Date to be confirmed). it will be at the end of the year from Sept to Dec it is going to depend on what the council. local clubs, Mercury Venus and the Moon to line up (but this is my headache).

I have done some work on this already and would like to put on the following:

Show and shine:
Including a Classic category etc etc
Venue: Lake Wendouree
(Council positive and supportive)

Drags:
Venue: Ballarat Airport
(Ballarat Drag Club Keen to help us)

Autocross:
Venue: Ballarat Airport
(BLCC Positive need to work out finer details)

4wd track:
Venue: Ballarat
(Supportive - positive)

Tourist Drive:
Venue: Ballarat
(Council supportive)

As you can guess this needs a lot of support and I am putting a call out to you guys to lend some here. Iam hoping that if we do this Correctly we can then run a National meet early in 2014. I have chosen to do it in Ballarat as it is not far from anyone from Melbourne, Adelaide and it has most of the events in one location. Plus Council is willing to work with us on this. This is my first post I need you folks to get on and show your support so I can get some numbers. In the next few weeks I will posting the same on every Mitsubishi forum and website I can to get more momentum and get you folks with your cars in garages a target to get them out and working.

I will need help from you folks on OZVR4 to head up the 8G co-ordination if possible. Can someone PM me to discuss and please show your support on this forum as more support means more council help.

Show and Shine:
Search for Lake Wendouree on You Tube! Great place with botanic gardens as the back drop!

Drags: video file: http://www.4gtuner.com/topic/21221-s...84#entry260484

Autocross: video file: http://www.4gtuner.com/topic/21221-s...84#entry260484

I hope you folks can support and come along I believe it will be a very solid start to having one every year.

Cheers

Bob

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
That's a good start to see all the different types.

Especially with the restoration of old-school JDM rides, I'm looking forward to this.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Mate this would be AMAZING and if you need any help at all, hit me up. I'm a member of the BLCC and local (obviously). What I think this event would really benefit from is a tarmac event such as a motorkhana. There are a few options for places it could be held - Bendix carpark, bus exchange, even the dragstrip?

Anyway this sounds so cool, I've been waiting for something like this to happen.

Top Bottom