Wanted QLD Alternator

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Hey team, have recently spent some time working to get my 2001 Legnum back on the road and just as I get my safety certificate it appears ad if my alternator has decided to play up. Looking to see what's out there.....Thanks

Mattalot

Sparkly Oil
First Name
Matt
Drive
2006 Subaru Liberty Spec.B Manual

1998 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 Auto

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual (Aus Spec)

2021 Daihatsu Copen GR Manual
where are you located bud?
i hace a spare one pulled off a parts car.
was working fine.

Caboolture.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Honestly it is such a shit job I wouldn't go second hand unless you've done it plenty of times before. MitsFix can get the Jalyec in VIC for a reasonable price.

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Honestly it is such a shit job I wouldn't go second hand unless you've done it plenty of times before. MitsFix can get the Jalyec in VIC for a reasonable price.

I'm in Brisbane, just had a look at need a to be done to access the friggin thing and yeah I'm not looking fwd to operating on her. Will look at getting some quotes to get it done by the professionals and then make decision on which way I go.......shop fitted or self fitted.....

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum

Yep, I'm thinking new is the way to go, peace of mind....I'll check out MitsFix....

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Team, thanks for your input. Have sorted, booked in with Auto Electrician next Wed with an order put in for a new unit. $735 fitted, atm I'm time poor and recently have already dedicated time to get the Legnum rolling again, so I'll take the hit.

Thanks lads.

Mattalot

Sparkly Oil
First Name
Matt
Drive

Hey man, yeah it's a bit of a pain to do.
Didn't have to jack the engine up or take a mount out.

Took the FR wheel off though and played around from under there, only took a couple hours to swap it.
But it is a pain.

$735 fitted is a good deal though, saves you the effort.
If you had time and didn't mind i'd just say wack a second hand one in like i've got here, but if you don't have the time and don't really want to do it again a few years later probably just best to get a new one wacked in like you're doing.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Everyone has different experiences with it. I've done mine a few times and i can get out and back in around 20 minutes. But I know what im doing and i've done it a number of times.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Pretty sure I bought my last one from supercheap. JAS brand,
I did wait until they had 20% off online orders at the time though.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Everyone has different experiences with it. I've done mine a few times and i can get out and back in around 20 minutes. But I know what im doing and i've done it a number of times.

I would almost pay to see this! What do you remove during the job?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Just the plastic guard, i don't do anything with engine mounts, just know the way to orientate the alternator and she slips out(y)

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
And it looks like the mechanic has conducted some research on this job and has informed that hes unable to conduct alternator job....its the old "We dont usually work on Gray Imports" chestnut. That being said, im on the hunt for an alternator again....YAH!

Mattalot

Sparkly Oil
First Name
Matt
Drive

And it looks like the mechanic has conducted some research on this job and has informed that hes unable to conduct alternator job....its the old "We dont usually work on Gray Imports" chestnut. That being said, im on the hunt for an alternator again....YAH!
Lol, he probably took one look and was like nah fuck that.
Literally no difference from a aus car to a import.

Anyway i'll send you a PM

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Take it off yourself and take it to an Auto electrician to rebuild. I think from memory I payed about $300 something.

Top Bottom