AMG E63 S Model - Do Want!

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
So, if anyone here can afford to buy this car I challenge you to give me one good reason not to. As far as I'm concerned it's my dream car and I'll happily wait 15 years in order to pick one up at a price point that is achievable for a peasant such as myself.

What do you all think?

AWD - check
Twin Turbo - check
V8 - check
Wagon or sedan option - check
Sounds ridiculous when hammering it - check
Comfortable to drive, yet beats nearly anything else on the road - check

To me it's looking like a dream machine, but in case you guys haven't heard about it yet, here are a few quick vids. It's far better than the 2013 model from what's been shown so far :)

Enjoy,

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
The 4wd model isn't coming to Australia, as far as I know. Couldn't be engineered for right hand drive.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I was going to say that too. Apparently we get the slightly more power rear drive version.

I'd have an rs4/5/6 over one any day but that's just me

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
Ah, well if we don't get AWD, then yes that is a big deal breaker for me :(

I wonder how hard (possible) it would be to do an AWD conversion?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Very impressive performance specs. I'm not sure I'd look at it twice if I saw it driving past me though, looks rather plain on the outside? It does look a bit nicer in silver with the vented hood though.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Ah, well if we don't get AWD, then yes that is a big deal breaker for me :(

I wonder how hard (possible) it would be to do an AWD conversion?

Since mercedes can't figure out how to do it, I imagine quite difficult.

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
But is it a matter of not being able to do it, or a matter of our market not being big enough?

I don't know enough to understand why the car can be AWD in left hand drive, but not right :/

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
But is it a matter of not being able to do it, or a matter of our market not being big enough?

I don't know enough to understand why the car can be AWD in left hand drive, but not right :/

Most likely, the steering column gets in the way of the front drivetrain bits.

They'd be able to sell in the UK market too, as well as others besides us, if they could do it. Probably expensive enough that the entire RHD world market isn't big enough.

Top Bottom