Another 0-100 by doc...

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Another 35 degree day! At 14psi tho. A bit quicker than the last one around 5.5 sec. Would be a bit quicker if I had the stock wheels on but have the heavier 17x8 enkeis on.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The EVO 8 wheels are 9.3kg. I still don't have a weight for the stock wheels

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
My stockies with tyres weigh around 17kg. The Enkeis I weighed at 18.5-19kg but that is with bigger rubber - 225/50/R17. I'm waiting for it to wear out and then I'll put on something a bit closer to the stock rolling radius maybe 215,225/45/R17 and that'll get the weight and the rolling mass down.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Fair enough, I guess you can't really tell 1 kilo difference by just picking them up. I doubt the weight would make much difference, you'd have more grip though.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I wouldn't worry about the wheels. I would worry about the 35 degree temps...

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
The quarter mile run I did I worked out to be about 5 seconds to 100 probably due to cooler temps and lighter wheels with less rolling circumference. Less rolling circ to me means a lower ratio to the tarmac and more torque. I just don't have the sucker on camera. Will get it tho when drags start again in April.:)

Edit:
Stockies have a rolling circ of: 1985mm
Enkeis (225/50/R17) have a rolling circ of: 2067mm
Making the speed indicated 4.1% higher so when the speedo says 96 that's when I'm doing 100... theoretically anyway.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Yeah I was thinking the heat would be the main difference. Sorry, not raining on your parade Josh, just discussing :) Rolling circ. obviously makes a difference, but grip would be of more benefit, especially for 0-100.

It's a fantastic time nonetheless!

G

Unregistered
What you done to your galant, im running 14psi and only getting like 6.5sec (In cold weather as well)
Got a 96 legnum auto, put ebc and exhaust on it, apart from that its stock.

G

Unregistered
thanks, might look at a few cheap upgrades, like k&n air filter, any other suggestions?

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
What you done to your galant, im running 14psi and only getting like 6.5sec (In cold weather as well)
Got a 96 legnum auto, put ebc and exhaust on it, apart from that its stock.

are you for real? mine is stock with un-touched boost (8psi i guess for 97 leggie auto) and i do about 6.5 sec at night times. could it be way you change gears in tip mode? do you floor it fromthe low revs??

G

Unregistered
Just been doing it in Drive (was timing with other hand) Wasn't using tip-tronic at the time. Tip-tronic heaps faster? Also stopwatch on phone probably isnt the most reliable thing.. but still wasn't quicker than 6 seconds.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Were you launching or starting from idle? Typically drive is faster than tip for drags btw.

G

Unregistered
I was launching from like 2-3k revs, but yeah as i said was hard getting exact times with a phone but, seeing Josh getting 5 seconds made me wonder what i was doing wrong and how i could get around those times without spending a heap :p Also do you reckon its worth going to get it dyno'd and tuned after installing the ebc?

Top Bottom