Another from Sydney

G

Unregistered
Well I've posted up a few times, but I guess I should introduce myself. My name's Pete, and I'm *kinda* a magna convert. I used to have an old TS magna, and was gonna do the DOHC engine swap (same as what VR04TT did to his), but decided the money could be better put to something that handled well. Bought my first MX5 (1994 model), turbo'd it and had fun. Good for a 13 flat 1/4 mile, and a 1' 9" around wakefield on semi slicks. Pulled the engine out of it and sold it as a standard car, then bought another MX5. Unfortunately, it got stolen from my mechanics workshop a couple of weeks ago, but was found thursday last week, looking like this:

burntout004ya6.jpg

Completely destroyed, and all that they took out of it was the exhaust manifold, steering wheel + airbag, and the stereo. Mind you, they did a good job burning it:

burntout016kc1.jpg

Ever seen a turbo's compressor housing melt? :eek:

Im now wanting something that still goes quick, can fit 4 ppl in, and isnt common (ie falcon, commonwhore, riceline etc). I've had a love affair with Legnums ever since I sold my magna, but unfortunately one couldnt import one back then.

I'll be starting the search for one pretty soon. I'm looking for a post-facelift galant or legnum in manual. Not picky on colour, since, well, they look hot in all the colours

G

Unregistered
nice rims! lol

bad luck with the car.. i know EXACTLY what its like to lose a car that has had alot of time and money put into it. :(

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
G'day Pete, Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your MX5, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, and in your case it is a VR-4 :)

Are you planning to import yourself ?

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
Welcome Pete, Sorry to hear about your MX5. A couple of us have been through the same sort of crap, but without that i prob wouldn't have been able to get or consider a VR4. I hope that all the info you need is here and ask us anything and we'll try to answer it.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
G'day Pete, SO sorry to hear the impetus for your joining our little community was under such tragic circumstances - that photo's enough to make ME feel sick!

Good luck finding your ride - manuals are rare, but if you're prepared to wait you'll find what you're looking for. To give you an idea in the past three months I've seen or heard of FOUR black manual facelifts, quite a rare combination (although not as rare as blue or red) and something I was led to believe I would only see every six months or so.

So take a look around here and even on ClubVR4 for ideas, get your list of 'must haves' together and have a chat to Kristian our resident Iron Chef importer and Ben from J-Spec and I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.

Good luck with your search! :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Sounds like it used to be a nice car, and the wheels still look ok!seems strange they stole the exhaust manifold, but not the turbo or the wheels????

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
welcome to the forum

Thats never good to hear about a car, hope you find a nice VR4 to replace it
:D

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Hey Fuzzlet! Welcome dude :D bout time you got on here :D

I didn't know that happened to your MX5!!!! that sucks arse!!! I hope they find the pricks and you get a few minutes alone with them!!!

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Hi Pete - burnt MX-5s make baby Jesus cry...

I had one myself and loved it immensely. Traded it in on our first child...

Welcome to Australia's most mature car forum, and let me know if you want to look around at what's in Japan.

Cheers
Kristian

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
lol. Why would you go anywhere else ?

Can you be peer pressured into buying a VR-4 ? :p

G

Unregistered
Haha u dont have to peer pressure me into buying a VR4 - I've wanted one for ages. If the complience was available Jan 06 when I sold my magna I would of bought one then.

Paul - Yeah when I told u about it being stolen all I'd known about it, was that it was gone. Turned out that it got rebirthed, rego'd + insured, then torched for the cash. They only found out it was my old shell, when they started realising that it was plated as an 05 model, but was missing airbags + ABS. After the police had a look underneath it, they found the original VIN stamped into a few of the panels...

Kristian - I'll be in touch soon mate :)

Top Bottom