Another one in WA

G

Unregistered
Hi there,

Ive been on these forums for a small while, and have probably seen every thread on this forum, the old one and clubvr4 :p and Ive figured its time to introduce myself. Hello my name is Stephen, im 20, and im addicted to VR4's :p

Currently I drive a 93 Magna, and have been on the aussiemagna forums for a while, and I also ride a Yamaha FZR250. The first time I saw the Galant for sale on trademe a few years ago I fell in love, but of course there was no way I was getting it, then when I heard the news about them being imported to aus I was ecstatic, as Im sure most of you were.

Just going through uni exams at the moment, and after a bit more work during the holidays, I will hopefully be in a position to import one :D Im currently more interested in the facelift Galant (though not denying the option of a Legnum, im actually wondering why these are the preferred option? Is it cause they are cheaper? more available? better?), but Im more caught up in the auto v manual debate. I could go on all day about which one to get, and the benefits/cons of each. My only concern is that im pretty sure the facelift Galant manuals (Type-V) doesnt come with AYC! Can anyone confirm, and if true, is this much of a concern?

Looking through a few past 'Intro' threads, people have asked what they are looking for, so I may as well jump on the bandwagon. Im pretty interested in a facelift (98+) Galant, in either auto/manual, that isnt silver, and 'hopefully' the recaro/momo interior. Would anyone have a more firm idea on what I can expect to pay?

G

Unregistered
hey
cant help you with your questions as i know squat but welcome anyway

G

Unregistered
Hey welcome aboard the boards ...
The Galants are definately rarer as less of them were made. The galant manuals are even rarer, then to go to facelift, rarer still ... I'm sure there was a type S manual galant which means it has the AYC.
It make take u a while to find one though, not too mention paying top dollar. Come down to our meet next week and have a look at the cars we have here, pre-face galant, facelift legnum type S and a super VR4.
There also is another Super VR4 for sale in Perth.
Have fun ...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Paul is right. Galant VR-4's are less common than Legnums, and most of the manual facelift Galant's I've seen have been Type V's. The car you want does exist though, but it might take a while to find!

LEG_IT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Sam
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S Black Manual
Hey stephen,
in response to the AYC question, no one is quite sure as to the exact specs of the VR4's as there were so many options available on them. However having AYC allows the car to turn sharper in slow, hard cornering situations and fast corners too. It allows the car to turn harder and is similar to rear wheel steering. It is a good option, but obviously not that big a deal if you arent going to push the limits of the car. Hope this helps, there are write ups of the AYC througout OZVR4 and club vr4 just search for them.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
G'day Stephen. I have seen a few nice Galants go through the auctions latelty so get in touch with the importers when the time comes and you will find what you want.

I'm getting a Legnum for my family to run around in, but if I was single and a bit younger I would get a Galant for sure. Either way you will be a happy camper.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Welcome, you will be able to find a Galant eventually. It will take a while though lol :)

G

Unregistered
Thanks for the response guys. I guess when it comes to finding the car I just have to be a little less picky, sure it would be nice getting this and that, but as takumi said I will also have to pay top dollar.

I will definitely try and get to the WA Meet, if not Im sure I can make it to the next one. Now I just have to keep my eyes open for the right car to come along :D

Top Bottom