Anybody own a Logitech G25 ???

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Guys

I recently purchased a 2nd hand Logitech G25 steering wheel combination for the PS3 primarily for GT5 and newer racing games that come out in future, I used it last night and found it impossible to complete a full lap without oversteering and losing control countless times!!!!

Now I consider myself a fairly good driver on this game with the hand held controller and generally never lose a race but playing this with the steering wheel is just way too ooba hard?!?!:001_unsure:

Has anyone else had this problem or is it simply the fact that its something I need to get used too as its extra sensitive?

I noticed when in the cockpit view I turn the wheel and within the game Ive already achieved a full lock but have still got plenty to go on the wheel itself, so maybe the full 900 degree rotation that the G25 utilises is too much for the game??? I cant find any sort of calibration in the GT menus or nothing!

I also realise you achieve a full lock much quicker with the joysticks on the controller as you can achieve a full lock within an inch of travel left to right but not so easy on the wheel.

Ive tried the different oversteering options like "amatuer - simulation" and its seems a lil bit better on simulation mode but dont fix the problem.
Ive reduced the force feedback control to minimum as set to 5 on a straight line the car of any choice wanders left and right effortlessly without my doing and results in me face to face with a barrier everytime!

Some help with my dilemma would be great I really dont want to let this expensive unit go to waste as like i said I bought it specifically for this game and now I think I made a big mistake :(

Gary31

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
96 Legnum V-r4
I have a DFGT, and yeah its much harder to race with initially, but much more rewarding when you drive well.

i found that FFB needs to be dialed down as well, also the animation only has (cockpit veiw) 300 degrees of rotation but i am pretty sure the game supports the 900 degrees of rotation.

i was using a wheel that only had 300 degrees of rotation and found i was overcorrecting too much, now with the 900 degree wheel i need to be 'more' agressive with the countersteering.

oh and throttle control take a while to learn as there is little resistance in the pedals (at lest on the DFGT antway).

My advice is to stick wirth it, i also felt pretty frustrated when i kept oversteering, i still lose it occationally but mostly when i push too hard or get lazy with my feet.

the g25 is not an officially supported wheel, check out gtplanet there would be alot more info on the wheel and gt5 than i could offer.

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
I have one and haven't had any problems with it. But then again i have been using it on the PC for various games for quite a while.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Braithe Which wheel are you referring to and which wheel have you selected to use in the option menu?

Im starting to think I could just select each different model in the options and hope to find one which is better suited to the wheel im using, i notice the g25 is not on the list but surely one of the other choices will be a closer suited choice than what i got.

I also find i need to be more aggressive with the wheel which i find sends the ass end out and then trying to oversteer and correct is very difficult to get it right.

The pedals are firm and easy to use its just the steering thats testing my patience.

thanks for the advice gary :p

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
I Have a G25. I didn't select anything in the menu options at all other than dropping the ff a little. I Just left it as default and it was fine.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Tell me braithe what PC racers do you use? Rfactor came with the G25 should i install that and try it on that see if I have the same problem?

The guy I bought it off said he had it for about 2 or 3 years was a gift to him and had used it half a dozen times and that is all so thats why i bought it as its still sorta new, it feels new and is in excellent condition for something thats a few years old so I can almost rule out that I got a dodgy unit?

Perhaps its something I need to just be persistant at. Im never used a simulation wheel in the past for any games so i cant compare it too anything (except for stuff at timezone which are arcade games anyway :p)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I've had my G25 since they first came out and I've found in the need for speed games up to Shift it was not very good. It is very good in GT Legends and GTR2 and I used it for the first time with GT5 on a PS3 on the weekend, it was the very first time I've used a playstation! It wasn't as good as in GTR2, it was a bit nervous slightly off center and always needed more lock on than I thought it would for a corner (about 20% extra) once I got used to that though it was brilliant, on the third race I was in I had all helps turned off and was enjoying powersliding cars around :)

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
I have a G25 too, basically if you have to take your hands off the wheel to reposition them when driving, you are turning too much, you certainly dont need 2.5 turns of lock.. at least in GT5 on PS3.

Love it.. I personally cannot drive on a controller :p But Steering Wheel I do pretty good.

Lateralus45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Braithe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Yeah rfactor isn't gonna help with the oversteering it's a full on sim. The track need for speeds were alright on pc the open world ones not so much with a steering wheel. I used it for Dirt and Grid and both were excellent. The very first time i used it it took a bit to get used to it but once you are it definitely flogs the keyboard and the PS3 controller

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
I have a G25 too, basically if you have to take your hands off the wheel to reposition them when driving, you are turning too much, you certainly dont need 2.5 turns of lock.. at least in GT5 on PS3

I cant turn some corners at speed as opposed to the controller without taking my hands of the wheel for some reason which is why I started this thread, i find it very frustrating but it appears others on here dont seem to have the same exact problem so maybe its just operator error.....at this stage??

triggs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
Trigger Mauve 1996 VR-4 Galant
I'm looking for one at the moment. Only really want it for the one game being Test Drive Unlimited 2. Hope the same thing doesn't happen with this game, and if so i hope it doesn't take me long to get used to it.

Top Bottom