Anyone in Brisbane wanna do me a big favour?

MitsAz

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Aaron
Drive
2001 Legnum VR-4
Hey guys, so i'm in the midst of hopefully negotiating the purchase of a Legnum, the problem is that it's in Brisbane and i'm in Adelaide!

Is there anyone that is near Oxley that knows their way mechanically and cosmetically around a car (preferably knowledge of VR4s) that can check this car out before I spend money on flying over to check it out myself?

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...1&__sid=1308B3BFB476&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32

If not and I do fly over to check it out say this Friday, does anyone know of any mechanics I could take it to to get it checked over?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
There's no mention of whether the 100thou' major service has been done. For the km and $13.5k I'd expect it to have been taken care of. Otherwise budget another $1500-$2k if it's done properly.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
If it had a major service done it would be worth the 13,500. Looks like it is in very good condition.

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
ahh I knew it was local, I live at Inala, one suburb over.. seen it a handful of times at the local shopping area

I could've sworn it looked pretty dirty as (probably cleaned up for photo's)

Otherwise as mentioned, for the fact it's got the 100kms, I highly highly highly doubt a major has been done (otherwise would've been mentioned since we all know how expensive it is!)

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
There is no way that car is worth that money in today's market even with the 100k service done..just look at some of the cars sold previously..justdo's car..exhaust, cooler, brembos, evo recros re trimmed, monster bonnet, timing belt, etc and wanted 13k for it..this car without the 100k service is 10k at best...just my opinion...

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
christian, don and I should all go out to suss it out at once lol

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
yes boss.. and we might as well part it out.. I'll bring the blow torch... :D

MitsAz

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Aaron
Drive
2001 Legnum VR-4
Yea I spoke to the guy yesterday and he said the 100k service hasn't been done, gunna give him a call tomorrow and offer 11k subject to an inspection. It's hard caus there's bugger all in the way of series 2 manuals for sale in Aus atm

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
Looks pretty clean in the pics but I cant say ive seen in around and I live middle park... We should all get together and check it out haha

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
I sold a car to someone from NSW and he sent a guy from AISQ. They did a very thorough inspection and I will be using them when I purchase my next car.

http://www.aisq.com.au/

I am not sure how much they cost, but worth the investment.

Mike

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
AISQ fees:
Normal Vehicles (eg Commodores, Camry, Corolla) $160
Light 4WD/All Wheel Drives/Sports/Imports (eg. Rav 4, X Trail,Subaru ,Skyline) $175
Large 4WDs (eg. Landcruiser, Hilux, Pajero, Patrol) $195

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Wow that's not bad. I had the MTA come & do an inspection on my vehicle & it was well over $200.
The guy also refused to believe some parts of the Super were stock, like the Ralliart muffler.

MitsAz

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Aaron
Drive
2001 Legnum VR-4
Getting the car inspected tomorrow by Stateroads (www.stateroads.com.au), it's costing $280 but they were recommended to me and seem to be very comprehensive. If it all checks out i'll be paying $12k for the car and it will be on a truck down here on Monday!

manwelllegnum

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Michael
Drive
Mitsubishi
Getting the car inspected tomorrow by Stateroads (www.stateroads.com.au), it's costing $280 but they were recommended to me and seem to be very comprehensive. If it all checks out i'll be paying $12k for the car and it will be on a truck down here on Monday!

Just in time for the cruise huh,thats if you want to be seen with us mere Magna plebs....

Top Bottom