Anyone know this Legnums history?

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
Wasn't in the best mood when I posted that. My RVR was picked up late last night and by the time I explained everything the muppet, I mean buyer it was near midnight with me needing to catch a bus at 3am. Bloody tired I tell you.

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
Update regarding the vibration I was experiencing....
I spent some time yesterday raising the ride height (Tiens), pain in the bum when the thread is dirty! Anyway found the passenger side front tyre was rubbing on the spring very lightly. Raised the height and its gone, I replaced the tyre as a precaution as well.

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
Cheers mate, I got a bit inspired last night after work and had a dig in the dyno leaderboard post (couple of boys had said that he loved dynos) and checked out profiles of those that had posted. It was too late to look further at owner prior at that point. Will do again tonight maybe. Thanks again buddy.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
How's the car going anyways ?
Any work done on it yet ? Or same ? Just seen your "members ride" thread hasn't been updated since April 18.

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
Legnum is going well mate. I stalled a fair bit on doing things to her except for maintenance and changing bushes and control arms. My daughter got heavy into Athletics last year and I coached her for that so have been hell busy. She made it state for 2 events so it was well worth the time though. Also moved house and copped a lot of hail damage to the wagon as well.
I am close to painting her soon though, just waiting for a couple of test batches of paint to arrive and go from there.

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
Thanks mate, appreciate it. I promised myself to be more selfish this year (time wise) to enable me to get this car looking and running sweet. Hopefully I can stick to that goal and start getting her schmick.

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
Sorted. Previous to KeithVR4 the guy who did the good work on it was MOR81U5.
Reconnected the 3port properly and works pretty damn well.
MOR81U5 put in a lot of hardware and work into this car and it's a total shame that someone trashed it. I WILL BE returning it some pride. Panelwork, paint, interior and wheels this year.

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
Trashed it how?
Ah Simon, I don't know if I pointed out much to you when we met but I will try to find some pics. Apppearance wise the rims have more rash than my son did in cheap nappies, the paint work has been "keyed" on every single panel (including roof), the rear quarters have heavy dents along with the tailgate. Interior wise the clock was missing, a secondary tacho, non working turbo timer, centre console had been taken apart too many times and had a crack and had a single DIN stereo.
Mechanically, bent lower and lower rear control arms bent, tie rods were flogged, suspension too low (scraping tyres), no flange gaskets in the rear half of the exhaust system and 3 port had been set up incorrectly making it run wastegate pressure (there was an old school manual boost controller and wiring in the glovebox).
There is probably more but I just can't remember.

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
Ha ha ha, just a few. It's really sad seeing a once beautifully looked after car go down hill. I'm really hoping that I can gain it some dignity before my birthday with paint and panel. I have chosen a paint so I'm pretty excited about that at least. No Legnum/Galant has been painted this colour before but it's an acquired taste.
Not telling what it is though....

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
20190203_133050.jpg
Oh, Simon. This is the type of damage that I will be overcoming. ...

Cocko

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
PFL Legnum
Hmmm, I was going to try some toothpaste and a couple of sheets of rice potato.
In all seriousness though, there is 5 spots on this car that require panel work, to go with the hail damage that occurred during hail we had during October.
My panel guy is going to love it, ha ha ha.

Top Bottom