Anyone run into problems installing varex?

paaul

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Paul
Drive
99' Legnum
00' S15
My car is at the shop getting the exhaust done at the moment, settled with rpw front pipes a hi flow cat and a big varex muffler.

I just got a call and some pictures sent to me showing that the motor for the varex is hitting a rail. Did anyone else run into this problem?

Which varex mufflers are people running?
Cheers

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
i got the biggest varex cannon available and the clearance between ground and rail is perfect

are you just changing the muffler over or going a custom system? problem could be that if you are just putting a varex onto an existing pipe, the pipe may be positioned too high for the varex. if thats the case they should easily be able to reweld on a hanger point so its drops lower though

keep in mind i have no idea whether thats a legit thing or not im just spitting ideas here

paaul

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Paul
Drive
99' Legnum
00' S15
Nah full custom exhaust. Are you sure yours is the biggest one they have? Mines almost the same size as stock.. slightly smaller even so.. yeahhh... this was the best possible fitment. No good

6E441688-EED1-47B1-80FA-A7610E5F046C.jpeg

No one replied so I ended up just returning it, too many time wasters/ dreamers with no money so couldnt even sell it. Ended up losing like over 100 bucks just for restocking fee and postage.

C81FF31E-BFAF-4158-86C5-9DBDA5A6C4D7.jpeg
31581DEB-3054-467F-9ED3-179B65A68589.jpeg

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Maybe because its a leggy. Ive git a galant so maybe they are different.

This is mine. Defietly biggest varex you can get

Snapchat-1421882752.jpg

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
just open up the gap (cut it) a bit bigger in the bottom of the bumper, slip the end caps back on and win

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
"Paaul" & "NSNO_RJB" maybe you guys have the same brand but look at both your back exhaust, one is a oval shape and other is round.
And double checking with NSNO_RJB, does your definitely have that mechanical thing on top ? If so take a photo so he can see how it sits.
But looking at pictures you both have different exhaust, could be same name/brand but looking at them they are definitely different.

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
"Paaul" & "NSNO_RJB" maybe you guys have the same brand but look at both your back exhaust, one is a oval shape and other is round.
And double checking with NSNO_RJB, does your definitely have that mechanical thing on top ? If so take a photo so he can see how it sits.
But looking at pictures you both have different exhaust, could be same name/brand but looking at them they are definitely different.

this could be his unit by the look of it
https://xforce.com.au/product/vmk2g-300/

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
mine has the unit on the top, forgot to take a photo
think my tip is a 4.5" which is the max outlet in the varex. must just be because legnum vs galant

Top Bottom