ATF leaking out via drive shaft (and what ever box it goes into is called transfercase?)

jlx

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
jan
Drive
Legnum vr 97
So i drove Legnum up on ramp to fix leaking exhaust and it started leaking like no tomorrow and now it has basically run dry.
Looking for any suggestions what has blown.
guessing i will have to end up taking engine and transmission out.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
So it’s leaking between the driveshaft go’s in the transfer case ? Wouldn’t that be a just a seal ?
Part No. MD755526

Or better do you have a photo exactly where the leak is coming from ?

jlx

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
jan
Drive
Legnum vr 97
This definetly leaks but i suspect there be more need to find someone to get me into town for more atf
20201212_140018.jpg

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Yeah if it’s leaking from that spot only that you could see then it’s most likely that black rubber oil seal, needs to be replaced
Part No. MD755526

Reactions: jlx

jlx

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
jan
Drive
Legnum vr 97
Well managed to jam a thinner buddy under car today and seems main leak is between engine and transmission in center so what i feared is probably true.
So time to build a makeshift garage and take out engine and order gaskets and what nots.

jlx

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
jan
Drive
Legnum vr 97
Well managed to jam a thinner buddy under car today and seems main leak is between engine and transmission in center so what i feared is probably true.
So time to build a makeshift garage and take out engine and order gaskets and what nots.

Top Bottom