Australia's fastest Galant to enter ARC Forum Battle

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
Hey guys,

Found this on the net: http://forumbattle.com.au/2012/01/18/australias-fastest-galant-vr4-entered/

Is OzVR4 entering?

VR4-602x399.jpg

Barry’s VR4 started life off as an non-turbo 120kw car and since then (8 years later) the VR4 has seen considerable amount of work. Built and tuned at Springy Motors the car pushes 360kw at the wheels and has seen a 10.93@135 mph down the quarter.

Its been good and bad, lots of money and time spent on the car.
Currently 3 years in the build, trying to do as much as possible myself its finally near completion. Over the 3 years I’ve had it running in N/A (run in motor), in that form it made around 120kw’s (160hp) at the front wheels.

2010-11-07-13.49.21-602x451.jpg

After bolting on the manifold / turbo it made 300kw’s (400hp) at the front wheels. The fuel system was not holding up, it was leaning out up top and also had some spark issues. The main problem with the turbonetics t3 manifold was the boost creep issue. It would start at 14psi bar and rise to 28psi (3000rpm – 7000rpm).. no way to fix it at all…
I drove it around in this stage for about 2 weeks before pulling it down again.
An attempt down the 1/4 led to HEAPS of wheels spin and 2 broken driveshafts..

Barry will be lining competitors down Calder’s drag strip for 4Gtuner. With a 10.93 under his belt already Barry will surely be a contender to take out the win at Forum Battle Drags.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Baz has been building thet for years, has run some pretty good times in it too. Will be interesting to see if he can beat the BCNYA e39a VR4's record.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Is it really the fastest galant in australia? I thought someone would of beat 10 seconds by now

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
OzVR4 interested in entering? There is a Show'n'Shine and it's getting TV time on channel 10!

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
Ohhhhhh. When i got my tailshaft rebuilt the bloke at GJ Drivelines was yammering on about some sub 11 second VR4 they did the driveshafts for... must be the same one.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Woud be hard to be competitive in the motorsports sections but I reckon OzVR4 should definitely at least try and make a presence! Do eeet!

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
Legnums and Galants would dominate some of the entries! Check out the competition. (Found on JDMST)
I'd rep in my WRX but it would just look silly with a big OzVR4 sticker on my car ha ha

Euro's, JDM, Aussie muscle, exotics, drag machines, track hacks, hot hatches, time attack entrants, back yard mechanics and forum enthusiasts in general.

Representing Supra forums Danny's car is indeed a clean example.
IMG_6315_filtered-602x449.jpg

Think your car could keep up with this bad boy? Grandma spec AE86 entering for some fun and to represent AE86 Driving Club.
IMAG0734-2-602x360.jpg

Kyne’s Golf GTI is a well thought out machine, made to look aggressive and go when needed.
VWG11_0042-602x401.jpg

Stock Astra? Think again, 280kw at the wheels and he's not finished yet!
astra1-602x395.jpg

This Aussie muscle car might have dominated the drag strip with 480rwkw but has chosen to enter the show'n'shine. Drag competitors can let out a sigh of relief.
IMG_0408-602x483.jpg

2.5L conversion, Will shall fly the flag for JDMST in the time attack category. Model in photo is Bettina Banks for those wondering. Google it!
p10404852-602x338.jpg

This Vr4 started life as a grocery car and is now Australia's fastest road legal Galant.
VR4-602x399.jpg

You just got beat..By a Wagon! fullBOOST and Warren will be doing what they do best; the 1/4 mile
wrx-wagon-FB-2-602x402.jpg

Nope, this isn’t your everyday CE Lancer GLi with a knock off Evo bodykit. Luke’s cars is the real deal!
Last year it won the Victorian Hillclimb championship (4wd Sedan class).
RobRoy2011a.jpg

Looks like a hot hatch battle is emerging in the FWD class for time attack. Rory has thrown his hat in the ring for OPELAUS with a very neat Astra VXR Nurburgring Editions.
Mighty-Apollo-Lane-Rory-Wallpaper-602x376.jpg

Show'n'shiney! Exterior has a custom full respray in Morpheus purple with custom airbrushed TME decals in carbon fibre & real flames, carbon fibre wing. Interior is also a custom 4 seater recaro conversion with full retrim in German yellow custard leather.
photo-602x401.png

Keeping the smell of fuel in the air is Glen in his Time attack RX7.
glenn-mallala-2-602x403.jpg

A Lotus Esprit GT300 GT2 LeMans Racer!
6706g-602x395.jpg

DAP-R Springs 40mm drop at the front, 50mm drop at the rear!
astragor-602x360.jpg

Jason being a seasoned time attack entrant is no stranger to the tarmac, competing in this years World Time Attack Clubsprint class setting a 1:43.0420 lap.
IMG_2046.256-602x401.jpg

Carbon tax!
EVOVII-v2-602x403.jpg

Open class entrant Nik Kalis. This well sorted car will be great to watch at the time attack discipline.
5742141907_e4c0a97ca4_o-602x401.jpg

Micheal or better known as SP BLING on Oz Mazda owner steps up to represent his forum.
gallery_683_20_192838-602x401.jpg

Bought for a measly $1200, John’s Track Hack AW11 has spent most of 2011 in the garage being brought back to life. He is the first to admit to Forum battle that it isn’t going to win any Show and Shine awards. And it never will!
p1040688-602x337.jpg

A regular track day addict, a Circuit Club organizer and an Advan Neova Cup Competitor, Narada has been to Wakefield ( 2hr South west of Sydney) more then most.
4286649005_7c9269e805_o-602x401.jpg

The first to enter forum battle was Darrin who wsa bitten by the track day bug has constantly been developing his Evo X.
RTRTA22-602x401.jpg

Euro Revolution owner Sebastian enters in his brand spanking new Golf R. Team Euro Revolution has a few more cars entering so stay tuned to our facebook page: ARC Forum Battle 2012 | Facebook
IMG_3916-602x401.jpg

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Fk'n lol @ the Lancer "show car", poor guy is going to get laughed at. I almost feel sorry for him..... almost.

Also that ute won't win any show'n'shine awards (I hope) with that horrible rear wheel fitment, am I right fellow offset Nazis?

C'moooon OzVR4!!!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
If you laugh at any ridiculous Lancer in Sydney you're liable to be pepper sprayed with bullets & bashed up by Abdul & his brothers..

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
If you laugh at any ridiculous Lancer in Sydney you're liable to be pepper sprayed with bullets & bashed up by Abdul & his brothers..

There's heaps getting around as well.

Anyway guys, would love to see Galants and Legnums down there.

Top Bottom