VashcatVr4

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Scott
Drive
Legnum VR4 FL Pearl White
Hey Guys,

The box is failing at the moment, (S2 2001 Legnum) just wanted to see if there were any steps to removing the box, as i understand it's a rather big job, and a shop wants to charge atleast 1,500$ just to get it out.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I remember a word doc floating around here. Try searching for transmission rather than gearbox. I've attached the automatic transmission pages from the service manual hopefully that helps.

Attachments

• W5A51 AWD Transmission.pdf
    352.5 KB · Views: 127

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
1st step: find manual conversion,
2nd step: remove and place automatic in scrap bin.
3rd step: fit manual and grin all the way home. Lol

Kenny101

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Kenny
Drive
98 PFL Legnum
Hey mate, there's a pretty good write up on the ClubVR4 site.

You need to be a Premium Member but you'll save yourself $1,490!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Is pretty simple.... kaldek wrote up one for a manual for a clutch, it's kinda the same but different.

Wow, we need to charge more, we charge less than that in labour to do a manual conversion!

Also have a couple of boxes here if you want to get it built then swapped. One of them is 2001 so should be the same speedo sensor setip etc

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
@VashcatVr4 I have 2 vr4 auto boxes here for sale, but if they don't move by next week, they're going to the scrap man....

Top Bottom