Auto Insurance

sackdz

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ed
Drive
Legnum VR4
Hi American and Canadian friends.

I was wondering how you guys managed to insure your cars. I managed to get a policy with Hagerty who specializes in the speciality and collector car markets. But I was told I was only able to do so because I've had other cars with them for several years. They said mine was the first Legnum they've seen and unfortunately, the rates are unfairly high compared with my other vehicles. They said it would take more experience/customers with these cars and time in order to assess and classify it correctly.

I'm looking at other options so I thought I'd ask if anyone here had any advice or experience. My normal insurance company (Progressive) does not handle and refers me to Hagerty..

Thx!

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
Hi American and Canadian friends.

I was wondering how you guys managed to insure your cars. I managed to get a policy with Hagerty who specializes in the speciality and collector car markets. But I was told I was only able to do so because I've had other cars with them for several years. They said mine was the first Legnum they've seen and unfortunately, the rates are unfairly high compared with my other vehicles. They said it would take more experience/customers with these cars and time in order to assess and classify it correctly.

I'm looking at other options so I thought I'd ask if anyone here had any advice or experience. My normal insurance company (Progressive) does not handle and refers me to Hagerty..

Thx!
I have Geico, full coverage and pay about $65/mo. I do have more cars and a home that is bundled together.

Capture1.JPG

blinkerfluid

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
12 Tacoma
19 GTI
USAA had no issue insuring my Legnum, just required a phone call because of the JDM chassis code vs. 17-digit US style VIN. Car is valued at $40k on the policy.

I'm paying $320.17/6mo for full coverage, which is a couple hundred less then what I'm paying on my 2019 GTI, and a breath away for what I pay on a 2012 Tacoma.

Top Bottom