Auto-manual cluster

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Hi all this is a question for all the people that have done a auto to manual conversion. What did you do about your auto cluster. Did you put a manual one in, cover up the auto gears or just leave it as you couldn't be bothered.

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
Left mine, couldn't be bothered. Unsure on the level of difficulty of cracking it open and not having any numbers jump around when you go to cover up the auto stuff.

Reactions: Gav

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
I covered the auto bits in the dash. Easy enough to get out and the tinted cover comes off easy as well.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
thanks i see if i can find a write up on how to take the cluster out and do it tomorrow

It's pretty easy mate, hell I can do it lol

Remove some screws first...

Actually before I got the proper tools I used a rice maker spoon to pry the surround off then phillips screwdriver driver to release the cluster itself.

Bit of wiggling around the steering column / indicator stalks to remove as I recall then the plastic cover on the cluster itself just unclips after that

wintertidenz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
98 Galant VR4
If you have a manual clock face you can swap that across to hide the auto lights and retain your mileage.
Just requires taking the plastic off the front, pulling the needles out then carefully swapping the clock faces.

Kaida

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Danny
Drive
1998 Facelift Legnum.
Replaced the auto cluster with a manual cluster via mitsfix. Simple fix. 6 screws.
:)

Top Bottom