lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
So recently when picking up my roof racks from @NuffNuff, we were just talking about our VR4's etc. and then he mentioned to me there was a cool function that our cars have.

If you press the unlock button on the remote and then quickly press again and hold it down, the two front windows will automatically wind down.
Same goes for pressing the lock button to wind them back up.

It's little things like this that we may never know about until someone actually tells us about them!

Would love to hear feedback on whether you already knew this and if it works on your own VR4.
I'm assuming it works with all? We will soon find out!

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Works on mine but is usually disabled at compliance time upon import as a search would reveal. :)

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
Works on mine as well.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
works only on facelifts with two button remote.

ETACS in a pfl know how to do this. It's the Omron transceiver box that has the smarts to tell ETACS to do the window roll.

So if you have a pfl and want this, you just need 2 button key and omron box from a FL. Plug and play.

brichman

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 PFL Galant VR-4 (Roanne Red)
works only on facelifts with two button remote.

ETACS in a pfl know how to do this. It's the Omron transceiver box that has the smarts to tell ETACS to do the window roll.

So if you have a pfl and want this, you just need 2 button key and omron box from a FL. Plug and play.

Definitely up there on my list of things to do!

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Works on mine too! The compliance guys didn't even disable it

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
i hope im not imagining it but im sure plenty of new cars have both auto up and down for all windows

i tested my passenger side ages ago and its very little force to set it off to wind back down in case of obstruction

auto down and up is sweet, having functioning turning spotlights is great too

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
having functioning turning spotlights is great too

Mine are wired up to the fog light switch so when my fogs are on, I have all 4 lights working
Gives a wider range of vision while night driving with the outermost lights as fog lights, I quite like it

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
i thought when the fogs are on they were all on, if your fogs are off just the corner light turns on when indicating if your headlights are on.. i could be mistaken. my fog light switch has been broken for 6 months. lol i do have a replacement to go in

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
i thought when the fogs are on they were all on, if your fogs are off just the corner light turns on when indicating if your headlights are on.. i could be mistaken. my fog light switch has been broken for 6 months. lol i do have a replacement to go in
Well seeing as we both don't have proper working fogs, maybe someone will give us the answer here lol

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
Well seeing as we both don't have proper working fogs, maybe someone will give us the answer here lol
Just checked for you, with fogs on its just fogs. The outer corner fogs only light up with indicators.
Also tested the pressure on the auto up function, barely touches your hand and goes back down.

GLen20

Barring Up
Premium Member
First Name
Glenn
Drive
2002 Type S Galant, Ducati Streetfighter 848, 1971 2 Door LC Torana (in pieces)
Yep, only the fogs come on with the switch.
The turn lights come on with headlights (or fogs) activated, using the blinker stalk. But only when you "click" the stalk, not when you use the lane change and push halfway

Jxcel

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Bryan
Drive
FL Galant
If you have all the windows wound down and hit lock twice, it will wind all the windows up.
The turning lights can come on with parking lights on as well :)

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
Definitely up there on my list of things to do!
It's not the etacs that does the remote windows, but the little box in drivers side under the console, about half way between the footrest and the shifter.need to take off console lower trim to access it. Held in with a 10mm bolt. This receiver and fl key works great in my pfl

Top Bottom