Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive
2006 Mercedes Benz ML320CDI

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
2000 Galant VR-4 Type V (Race Car) (regretful sale)
Hey Guys,

A few of the Melbourne people have seen the Autolight system that is installed in my VR-4 Type S.
For those who have not seen it, there is a light sensor on the dash which monitors the exterior illuminitation, and if it is low, then it turns the headlights on. So driving under some large overpass's and alike the headlights will come on briefly, then go back out again.

Well I just discovered today (since the Legnum accessory brochure arrived today) that this was a Factory Option.

so I decided to see if anybody else has received a car with this system in it?

Regards

Gavin

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
That is a great feature.

I wis my gf's corolla has it, coz the dash is always lit up white day or night so I use to drive in the city in melb at night and half the time not realise if the head lights were on or not. So if you live in a cbd like i use to its good to have...

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I'll test mine tonight... So in that case lights should automatically turn when you start your car up at night yeah?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Worth looking into. Has anyone tried the "I've left the keys in the ignition and locked the doors and it unlocks!" feature? Best tried for those with two keys of course!

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Generally there is an Auto mode on the light switch if it has auto lights (does yours have that Gavin?) I have seen it in many cares that have had auto lights including the new camry.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
my blue ST-R came with this as well and I ripped it out. For one, us Kiwi's are more intelligent that you Aussie's and we are capable of turning our lights on when it gets dark or the conditions are bad, and we are capable of turning them off when we get out of the car.Secondly, every damned time I went under a bridge or in a tunnel the lights would turn on for a second and people would think I was flashing my lights at them.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
That's a fricken AWESOME system! I do very much hope my car has that...

why not wind the window down as well
Haha now THAT would just be sensible, wouldn't it?! LOL

Hmm Brad, didn't you have a switch you could just turn it off?

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
haha bit harsh with kiwis vs aussie....

but yeah get the drift that it would get annoying when in going under an overpass or tunnel.

But does it have an auto mode? or is it always on auto??

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
haha, I was just being a dork :p

My one was auto only. Dunno if it was factory or not though. It did have Jap characters on it

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
all good :p

Yeah, cars that have it factory that I have driven always allow for it to be on auto or not... who knows..haha

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Well, I pick up the car from the panel shop tonight. One way to find this out very quickly.

G

Unregistered
How the hell do u lock the doors if ur keys are in the ignition ?? The doors must be unlocked to get out so how did u lock them without ur key ??

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
its a normal feature of mitsubishi in japan for nearly 13 years now our 94 model delica had it.

just a mode that you can turn the lights to it also turns lights off when you turn the car off and get out

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Paul, my key does not have the remote locking on it at all (or the original has gone missing), so to secure the car it I must do it the old-fashioned way by locking it first and then closing the door.

I was tired and it was 11pm.

Top Bottom