Available space in the double DIN Slot

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
Hey all,

Can someone tell me what the *maximum* size I could fit into the double DIN socket on the Legnums? By that I don't mean how big is the double DIN (it's 180mm x 100mm) but how far could I grind it out in each direction?

I'm looking at a 7" high res touch screen to mount in there for a CarPC using a Mac Mini I have spare (Intel, running XP) but I have a feeling it's going to be a touch too large.

The screen is 195mm x 125mm, anyone know if I could wedge it in?

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
With a bit of 'grinding', it would fit - just.
You'd need to take of about 5mm top and bottom, and 2.5mm left and right.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Awww please do this mod! You might be able to push the screen forwards a little and mould it in with some bondo to help allow for the extra space but from having puled my centre dash apart a few times now I'm fairly confident you will have the room. Good luck Dave and keep us all posted!

G

Unregistered
Go the Car PC, I have The VOOMpc all built ready to go, as for the screen mate, i have a 7 inch lilliput ready to chuck in there, And i WILL make it fit, nothing double sided sticky tape and paddle pop sticks cant fix....

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
Ah excellent, I'm going for the Xenarc 700TSV, 800x480 native res and have heard really good reviews on them. I intend to pinch a mates Evoscan cable from his FTO and wire it up permanantly (maybe with a switch to turn off debug mode) along with a GPS receiver for logging trips. Then there's the Wifi so I can just roll the car into the driveway, hook up to my wireless and transfer songs from my desktop :)

Anyone know where I could pick up a spare centre console plastic, just in case I stuff something? Also what sort of cost?

Also cmoney, how are you hooking your variable voltage output on the PC to the car amp? Are you using those high level inputs some amps have, or does your pc have 2v line level out? I don't want to damage my amp by running a variable voltage from the headphone style sockets directly into the line level input on the amp.

G

Unregistered
Hmm ok when it comes to the tech side of things i get a little fuzzy this is why i pay people to install it, haha
The voom on the back has the headphone sockets as well, im assuming the guys will be able to help me with this problem that we are gonna face with the Amp,
sorry i cant help u on that,
Yeah the Wifi is the way to go i have the voom runing the internet of my 3 phone as well.
So now i can post reply's while driving, God bless Technology,

Top Bottom