AYC ISSUE?

G

Unregistered
Hi Guys

How would I know if AYC is working or not? or does it even make a difference in normal everyday driving?

As I have never seen the 3 horizontal bars above the word AYC on the dash light up.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated......

Thanks in Advance.

Jay

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
drive it hard on throttle through a corner... it should light up given you are giving it enough, roundabouts are probably the easiest method or do some wide sharp and hard "s's" on a quiet road.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
They should all light up when you turn the car on.

Are the letters AYC lit up in red on your dash?

G

Unregistered
I will give that a try....

yes they do light up when you turn the key 1/2 on and when you turn the actual car on then it goes away. And I'm left with the word AYC beneath the 3 bars.

I also tried looking for the fuse just encase but I could not find it any ideas?

Thanks
Jay

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Extra suggestion.. Do it when there are no cars around and enough space to fool around.. :)

G

Unregistered
Deception ... u wont see them often unless your cornering hard, and even then u should be looking at the road.
Its just giving u a gauge of how much the AYC is transfering the torque between the rear wheels.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Deception ... u wont see them often unless your cornering hard, and even then u should be looking at the road.

Haha I wonder how many VR4s have fallen victim to their owners looking at the AYC lights instead of the road and then running into a tree. I can see how it could happen - they are bloody distracting! :ROFLMAO:

On topic - don't worry if you don't see them. I'll usually light 1 around a roundabout etc, but 3 is pretty rare.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Take your car onto a patch of wet grass, turn the wheel and light it up. You'll see all three bars immediately ;)

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
alot of people who had the bars not lighting up issue were just driving too safely - you may find the same issue, give it a real hard corner as if you're trying to slide.. its annoying cause i find it hard to see the bars when the steering wheel is turned lol (the wheel is in the way)

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
I'd say your not driving hard enough! :p

Try round abouts or u-turns, you should see at least 1 bar light up then.

G

Unregistered
as brad said if there is AYC displayed on your dash in red then that means it disconnected some how. mine was just disconnected at the AYC pump, there is a small wire harness there.

Top Bottom