Ayc problem?

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
After having the car for over a month now i have noticed tht the AYC lights on the dash have never been on during driving. They come on at start up but then thats it. Ive tried going round corners fairly quick as well as quick starts to get them on and nothing. Am i just not tryin hard enough or do i have a problem.

Matt

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
I had the same thing on mine; I also though it was a issue. It would appear the system is just working properly. Try putting the rear wheels on loose gravel and take off at a bit of a angle (carefully of course) and you should see at least 1-2 bars light up depending on your take off aggression.

As brad stated turn in hard till the point where you would expect the rear to kick out and you should see AYC light up and help through the corner.

There is always the top gear scandinavian flick!

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Cheers guys. Thought it was probably just me as i have been told i drive like a grandma on numerous occasions. lol

G

Unregistered
mine have lit up quite a few times...... but most of them times were when i had the space saver on lol :( iv also noticed on really hot days after driving for a long time... say 2 hours or so it sort of gives up and the ayc red light comes on... does this hapen to anyone els?

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
mine have lit up quite a few times...... but most of them times were when i had the space saver on lol :( iv also noticed on really hot days after driving for a long time... say 2 hours or so it sort of gives up and the ayc red light comes on... does this hapen to anyone els?

have you done fluids recently ? especially AYC flush ?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Haley - that means your pump is on it's way out. Send a pm to mpbvr4 on clubvr4 and ask for an adjustable pressure switch for the ayc.

G

Unregistered
what does the adjustable pressure switch do.?

my evo ayc occasionally makes a oot oot oot noise. told it is a accumulator valve. i was looking at the diagram in the manual and its either the relief valve or check valve. i see the pressure switch. anyone know if it is the same thing. trying to source a replacement accumulator valve.. :)

cheers

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
i didnt realise ayc should be that difficult to get on? mine comes on if i go semi-fast around round abouts or just accelerate mildly out of corners and things, but definitely can get 3 bars without breaking too much of a sweat. is this normal? sounds like everyones doesnt interfere so much...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It's probably because they are girls :) You should get 3 bars up at about the point where the tyres start squealing.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
You're forgetting what standard width tyres are like Brad ;)

On standard width rims (With those big boaty tyres they put on them) the Legnum will tend to oversteer a little before you strike three bars :)

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I get like 1-2 bars all the time running through the hills, as has been mentioned I reckon you just aren't pushing the car hard enough. The 4WD system works great so it takes a little bit of spirited driving to get the AYC going.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
And if you get the red AYC light whenever you hit three bars (like I do) your pressure switch is screwed :(

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
lol my lights are VERY active... i think on every corner i get at least 1 bar... i do have S-AYC, but dont think that would make too big a difference to the lights.. And as for oversteer - ive only had it happen ONCE since i got the S-AYC, it was VERY odd... usually i fly around that corner no problem .. its the one at the end of my street

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Time to post back in here again because 6 or so months down the line and still have the same problem. Have had it flushed now as well but still nout.

Its not that im not pushing hard enough cos the car will start sliding, especially in the wet with no lights coming on. I dont get red lights come up or anything, just no lights (apart from startup).

Anyone got any ideas... again?

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Wouldnt that mean the light warning light would come on or sumin. Ill go check though.

Top Bottom