ayc problems code 82??

G

Unregistered
Hi Guys,
Im havin a problem with my ayc. upon startup the 3 ayc bars light up and go out as does the red ayc light,but after about 5 mins drivin the red ayc light comes on.before these 5mins the ayc appears to be working fine(bars lighting up). I di a diagnostic check and got only code 82, the fuid resevoir in the boot seem a clean shade of red, and if anything is a little over full. dont know if this has anything 2 do with it but i have only collected it off the boat from japan 3 days ago with a flat battery, and there is a quite small one in it at the moment.

Any help greatley appreciated.

Dan
ps excellent site!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
G'day Dan, welcome to the forums :)

Firstly I strongly recommend replacing your battery with something approaching 500CCA or greater. Yes you'll have to replace your terminals, but they aren't expensive nor difficult to replace. Do a search for "battery recommendations" and you'll find a couple of threads on the subject. Also see here.

Before you start stressing about your AYC system, the first thing you need to do is have the system completely flushed and refilled with the correct fluid (Mitsubishi DimondQueen SPIII). Another search of AYC fluid on here should give you a wealth of information including what needs to be done and who to take it to. Rest assured that others have had similar issues with their AYC diff and a simple fluid replacement is all that's been needed :)

Good luck! :D

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
I wonder if your AYC pump / switch is stuffed, it's a known issue with VR-4's and the symptoms you've described seem to fit the bill.

G

Unregistered
ayc fault code 82

thanks for the help guys, as soon as i recieve the email on how 2 change the fluid without a mutt 2 , ill give it a try.
thanks again for your help.
Dan

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
have you tried resetting your ecu? i had similar issues with mine but after removing the ground wire from the battery for about 20 minutes it went away...

also check if all your tyres are the same.. mine weren't when i first bought it.. which may have caused the issue too

G

Unregistered
have you tried resetting your ecu? i had similar issues with mine but after removing the ground wire from the battery for about 20 minutes it went away...

also check if all your tyres are the same.. mine weren't when i first bought it.. which may have caused the issue too

If only everyone was that lucky!

The red AYC light often indicates that the pressure is below what the system operates at. Flushing the gear packs and changing the hydaulic fluid is a good idea if it hasnt been done, but probably wont fix the issue, unless the fluid is low (right hand rear behind the back-side carpet piece in the legnum)

With mine, the problem was a physically leaky pump, which has to be replaced, and is a pricey exercise (luckily i had mech insurance)

A lot of the UK guys have found though, that the pressure switch can be overly sensitive coming on depending on the temperature, and that by fitting a replacement one, they can cure the symptoms and the system still works okay.

Id start with the basics as suggested, but i doubt there will be too easy of a fix, and using the proper diagnostic tool is a good idea, to clear the faults as you work your way through it.

I also had a nackered g force sensor, in beside the handbrake which was causing issues.. but insurance sorted that out as well:D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
exactly what mike said, most of the time changing the oil is a good place to start, then possibly changing the pressure switch. If you don't have it fixed by then, you will need to look at some serious $$$

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
If it's your AYC switch playing up - RED light on when it's hot, read on.
In the UK I supply a switch to replace the factory one, set @ 9 Bar (130 psig). This will extend the useful life of your pump You will need a normally closed switch for all pre-facelift and normally open for post-facelift cars 2001 on. (There is a full write-up in members section CVR4)

Done a bit searching for you and this place should be able to supply a similar switch to the one I supply in the UK. Should cost you about 30 - 40 dollars. The change over takes about 1/2 hour

http://www.anzcontrols.com.au/ANZ%20...s/page0009.htm

G

Unregistered
ayc pump from evo 4

hey guys, going on ur advice i have managed 2 track down an ayc pump from an evo 4, will this fit my 1997 vr4??also does any1 have the article on how to install the pump without a mutt???
thanks

G

Unregistered
clubvr4 tell me that i do not have enough privileges to view the how to guides????

Top Bottom