AYC rear diff...

Discussion in 'Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain' started by Fred, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Fred

Fred Leaving Skid Marks

First Name:
    Fred
    Drive:
    1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
    Hey guys, the rear diff has 3 chambers..???, my question is which is where and what, and takes what sort of oil, and where is the part that needs to be bled???(pics with arrows for a noob would be excellent...:rolleyes: ), and also what sort of oil for the manual transmission??? Running gear service time.... :) (leave AYC Bleeding to local Mitsi, as they do Evo's, and have a MUT2 or something....anyways thanks for the help guys....:D

2. VR42NV

VR42NV Guest

3. Fred

Fred Leaving Skid Marks

First Name:
    Fred
    Drive:
    so casrol VMX for manual transmission, rear diff castrol LSX 90, and the other two chambers in the diff SPIII???

4. VR42NV

VR42NV Guest

Like i said i could only find 2 chambers in total at the back 1 for diff and 1 for AYC, someone please correct me if im wrong, because if there is 2 for the AYC ive missed 1.

5. Nash

Nash Leaving Skid Marks Lifetime Member

First Name:
    Craig
    Drive:
    1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
    1998 FL Legnum VR-4
    2012 Kia Optima Platnum
    1. Diff part - 80/90 Diff Oil

2. Clutch Pack - SPIII

3. Pump/Res - SPIII

The clutch Pack is not the same as the Pump and Res in the boot. To replace that fluid you need to pump out the fluid in the reservior and bleed the lines running to the clutch valves.

Then refill, or pump the whole lot out of the Bleeder nipples...lol I said nipple...

Best to get Mitsubishi dealer to do this last part, as the MUT2 mechanism can start up the AYC pump and push the fluid through so you can bleed properly.

I will be attempting the 4 stands trick soon. Possibly not the best option, but its the cheapest... If I live. ;)

6. Fred

Fred Leaving Skid Marks

First Name:
    Fred
    Drive:
    so you can just drop the AYC fluid, and refill, on the diff (Don't touch the resovoir in the boot) , and you don't need to bleed it???